Nhs pre-employment screen Watch

Treekevin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was just wondering what is involved in an occupational health pre-employment screen for a job with the nhs. Do they drug test new employees using hair drug testing? Not into drugs in the slightest but made a bad decision a few months ago at a party and wondering if this will ruin my chances for an up coming job?

Thanks.
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the NHS generally doesn't drug test during occ health screening , however once you are in a job or on a pre-reg course the merest suggestion of turning up to work intoxicated will bring down a world of grief
Juba5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Treekevin)
I was just wondering what is involved in an occupational health pre-employment screen for a job with the nhs. Do they drug test new employees using hair drug testing? Not into drugs in the slightest but made a bad decision a few months ago at a party and wondering if this will ruin my chances for an up coming job?

Thanks.
An NHS Occupational Health pre-employment screen usually involves an O.H. nurse taking details of childhood immunisations such as MMR dates, history of chickenpox etc. if you are going to be working with patients. You may have to have a skin test to see if you need a BCG vaccination too. Nothing to worry about. They don't do drug testing but not advisable to be under the influence when going on duty! Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads