Heading down to the AFCO Office-what to wear? Watch

CplSkippy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Soon I'm going to pop to my local AFCO, and ask a few questions.

I was just wondering what to wear, as I'm applying for commission, so need to make a good impression. So a knee length pencil skirt and suit jacket in a classic colour?

And would it be alright if I jotted down some notes/ questions before?

Replies greatly appreciated!
Many thanks, Skips
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, you seem to have made 4 different threads about your application just keep posting in the same one and we will do our best to get back to you.

Just wear smart clothing, as you would for a job interview at any other company. Feel free to take notes and write down questions.

Go in and ask to speak to someone of whichever service you are interested in (not sure if you want Army or RAF as you've asked about RAF and Sandhurst?) and fire away with what you want to find out.
CplSkippy
Rep:
?
Haha sorry! I let my best friend post about Sandhurst. I had no idea about the threads because I'm completely new to this! Haha, my apologies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CplSkippy)
Haha sorry! I let my best friend post about Sandhurst. I had no idea about the threads because I'm completely new to this! Haha, my apologies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem, if you have any more questions just pop them into here and i'll do my best to get back to you.
CplSkippy
Rep:
?
Understood! Thank you! Do you work in recruitment by any chance? You seem to know your stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CplSkippy)
Understood! Thank you! Do you work in recruitment by any chance? You seem to know your stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not recruitment no, theres a fair few serving guys that are active on this forum and between us we've been through most avenues of selection/training for the RAF at least so we can generally answer most questions. The AFCO is your go-to for most things though they are paid to be on the end of the phone for you or so you can just pop in and ask whatever random questions you feel like it won't impact on your application. Its better to know your stuff when you get to interviews!
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pencil skirt and suit jacket seems fine. Honestly, I wore black jogging bottoms and it didn't seem to make any difference, but I am not a woman.
CplSkippy
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help! I'll venture up there some time soon!

Probably going to go for a skirt

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed