What A-levels or uni degree would I need to become a pharmacist?!!!!! Watch

TheOnlyAngel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In a couple of weeks I have to choose my A-levels for the first time and I don't know what I should choose other than Biology and Chemistry to become a pharmacist; hopefully in the future. Forget Physics, I'm not very fond of it. I think that becoming a pharmacist is an interesting career to be honest and I'm really interested to know if anyone has considered it or not or what A-Levels are needed.

Also, I would really appreciate it if you would advise me on which degree in university is most suitable to become a pharmacist.

Thanks!!
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mathematics. And for a fourth, a language may be useful and a nice change.

There is only one degree to become a pharmacist. Pharmacy.
Marcusroye98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am doing Biology, Chemistry , Geography and Geology. I am considering pharmacy :P
TheWiseSalmon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Biology and Chemistry would be the required A-levels. Other than that, just choose an A-level you'd like to do.
To be a Pharmacist, you must do a Pharmacy degree. You should look at the Pharmacy courses offered by different universities and see if any of them have requirements other than Biology and/or Chemistry.
TheOnlyAngel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you so much guys!!!

Also, would the MPharm degree be too hard to start off with in university as an undergraduate course?
TheWiseSalmon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheOnlyAngel)

Also, would the MPharm degree be too hard to start off with in university as an undergraduate course?
I think you have to do an MPharm to become a Pharmacist. I imagine it would be reasonably hard, but not impossible, especially if you're dedicated to becoming a Pharmacist.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheOnlyAngel)

MPharm is simply an integrated master's, so you do the bachelor's degree and then the master's degree under the same student finance (as opposed to doing them separately, where you will have to self-fund or pray for funding opportunities when it comes to the master's degree). Theoretically, it's only the final year that's any harder than a standard undergrad course.
xXxSharkxXx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys, would studying Maths, Physics, History and Economics at a-level keep an economics degree open and a law degree?
tcameron
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Chemistry definately!
Maths and Biology are good combinations to go alongside Chemistry

I'm doing Chemsitry, Maths, Biology, Geography and am hoping to go into either Medicine or Biochemistry

Good luck
tcameron
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SSpringer20)
Hey guys, would studying Maths, Physics, History and Economics at a-level keep an economics degree open and a law degree?
Yep perfect choices! Physics not really needed though but works well with Maths.
xoflower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want to do pharmacy.

You need chemistry and 1 other including bio, physics or maths
You also need a B in gcse maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads