AS level English lit need help Watch

Useless_moron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi
i am starting AS level English literature , the Importance of Being Earnest and am struggling with some of the course work. The question is, The Importance of being Earnest is often seen as a critique of late Victorian values, to what extent do you consider this to be undermined by a seemingly conventional comic resolution? I know what to say, I just do not know how to start and how to organise my thoughts. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Useless_moron)
Hi
i am starting AS level English literature , the Importance of Being Earnest and am struggling with some of the course work. The question is, The Importance of being Earnest is often seen as a critique of late Victorian values, to what extent do you consider this to be undermined by a seemingly conventional comic resolution? I know what to say, I just do not know how to start and how to organise my thoughts. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thats great that you know what to say, well done

I would say, dont focus on doing a vague, un necessary intro. My english lit teachers have always put emphasis in just going straight into your argument/s.

You could do one particular side of the debate and then say an opposing view and continue that way. For me i can never do tight, focused structures cause i always think of something to say that links to what id just said, regardless of whether it deviates from the structure in mind. But thats not an issue, as long as you consider different interpretations of the question, youll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads