A-level choices for petroleum engineering at uni Watch

Jckent96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, I've always been interested in doing engineering at uni however, recently petroleum engineering has caught my attention. I do take AS physics (hopefully I get the grades so I can continue to A2) but I do not take Chemistry or Maths. I'm only in my AS year but it's too late in the year to change my options now. So my question is will this eliminate my hope of studying petroleum engineering at uni? If it doesn't what could I do to boost my chances as I would probably be behind academically compared to others... Should I do like a foundation year etc?
Devran22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sorry to say without maths you will need to do a foundation year. With all engineering you need maths, if you knew you wanted to do engineering, you should have known that you need maths for all engineering. You won't get into many if not any engineering course without a foundation year without taking maths. Maths is the most important part in engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Devran22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Devran22)
I'm sorry to say without maths you will need to do a foundation year. With all engineering you need maths, if you knew you wanted to do engineering, you should have known that you need maths for all engineering. You won't get into many if not any engineering course without a foundation year without taking maths. Maths is the most important part in engineering.

Edit : Without maths A level you will have to go a foundation year.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.44%
No - but I will (63)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise