Dropped HTC one X, still works but vertical streaks appear on screen. How to fix? Watch

ab12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How do I fix this?

Based on the fact that everything is working (I can still hear notifications, calls still come in, touch still works etc) it's just when I put the screen on, its a blank screen with red/green streaks running down.

Could anyone advise of what I could do to fix this phone?

Its still working, and didn't want to fork out for a new phone just yet.

I know that if I go to HTC it'll be very expensive to fix.

Would be ever so grateful if someone could advise me on what would be best to do based on what I've said above

Thank you!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ab12345)
How do I fix this?

Based on the fact that everything is working (I can still hear notifications, calls still come in, touch still works etc) it's just when I put the screen on, its a blank screen with red/green streaks running down.

Could anyone advise of what I could do to fix this phone?

Its still working, and didn't want to fork out for a new phone just yet.

I know that if I go to HTC it'll be very expensive to fix.

Would be ever so grateful if someone could advise me on what would be best to do based on what I've said above

Thank you!
Got any pictures? Sounds like dead pixels, you'll need to get the screen replaced if so :sadnod:
C_tinie_D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
get an iphone
ab12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Got any pictures? Sounds like dead pixels, you'll need to get the screen replaced if so :sadnod:
Thank you for your reply

This is the best picture I could get right now, thats what it looks like when i turn it on, hope it helps :/
Attached files
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for your reply

This is the best picture I could get right now, thats what it looks like when i turn it on, hope it helps :/
You need a new screen. :sad:
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for your reply

Yep, the screen's totalled, you'll need a replacement :erm:
ab12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikeyd85)
You need a new screen. :sad:

(Original post by Gofre)
Yep, the screen's totalled, you'll need a replacement :erm:

I'm considering purchasing a 'Full LCD Touch Screen & Digitizer Display Replacement For HTC One X S720e G23' and following HTC one x screen repair/replacement videos..

And having a go at doing it myself, am I on the right track?

Thank you for your replies, appreciate all the help
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say so, just make sure that what you're buying is of good quality and compatible with your device. I quick glance at what's available with that description gives me a few results on amazon which seem less than desirable.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I'm considering purchasing a 'Full LCD Touch Screen & Digitizer Display Replacement For HTC One X S720e G23' and following HTC one x screen repair/replacement videos..

Thank you for your replies, appreciate all the help
Take a look at guides online beforehand, as lost of modern smartphones need completely taking apart in order to replace the screen, something which has plenty of scope for error of you aren't confident with disassembling and reassembling electronics.
ab12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikeyd85)
I'd say so, just make sure that what you're buying is of good quality and compatible with your device. I quick glance at what's available with that description gives me a few results on amazon which seem less than desirable.
Thank you for all your help!
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go for it...wish me luck
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for all your help!
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go for it...wish me luck
Good luck! I do agree with Gofre above (as I usually do in this sub-forum tbh), look at guides and make sure you have a full understanding of what you need to do and the tools to do it. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads