I didn't get the best highers but want to do medicine Watch

mohsinSalam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got ABBBC in my highers but got 2 A's at advanced highers could I go back for a 7th year and do 2 more and get into medicine.
cannotdecide
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mohsinSalam)
I got ABBBC in my highers but got 2 A's at advanced highers could I go back for a 7th year and do 2 more and get into medicine.
I would research all the universities and go from there. There are a few english unis that consider qualifications over the two years. But they usually want 3 AHs. So maybe just doing a couple of subjects in college would suffice. But call them all up and see. But from memory Exeter could be the best option but you need a good ukcat.
mohsinSalam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm taking two advanced highers this year do you think i should take a 7th year and do two more
cannotdecide
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mohsinSalam)
I'm taking two advanced highers this year do you think i should take a 7th year and do two more
I think if it's not too late call all the unis and take another subject. Preferably AH. But you have to ace them. The minimum these particular unis want is AAAB over the two years. Plus at least 6 standard grades / intermediates all As/1s. With Exeter wanting I think AABBB as one of the combinations. Can't remember now and I recently deleted their email. I am in the same position as you. Applying to Keele. I'm doing 3 AHs and 1 H this year. But my grades are priority this year.
cannotdecide
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would check this out. Some of the requirements are not clear /correct button it will at least eliminate the ones which are definitely not suitable
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ttish_Students
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads