What Degree Can I do? Watch

Rstlss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What degree can I do with;
Biology, Chemistry, Geography & Psychology?
The salary must be at least 40k Minimum.
Rstlss
Rep:
?
bump
Willburrr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pretty much any degree can get you a salary of +40k if you go to a reputable uni, get a good degree and progress up the job ladder. However I would recommenda degree in Geography (suprisingly applicable to jobs), Biochem, Natural Sciences etc. It however is really up to you. What subject do you enjoy? I have recommended broader degrees, look at uni website and look at mire specific ones which align with your interests and then choose
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Willburrr)
Pretty much any degree can get you a salary of +40k if you go to a reputable uni, get a good degree and progress up the job ladder. However I would recommenda degree in Geography (suprisingly applicable to jobs), Biochem, Natural Sciences etc. It however is really up to you. What subject do you enjoy? I have recommended broader degrees, look at uni website and look at mire specific ones which align with your interests and then choose
Geography has a 36% employment rate after six months, you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frannoooooooo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Medicine? Or a degree in any of those four A levels?

Look at the requirements for degrees on Uni websites to see what you're eligible to do
Goodshah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biochemistry any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Willburrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Frannoooooooo)
Medicine? Or a degree in any of those four A levels?

Look at the requirements for degrees on Uni websites to see what you're eligible to do
medicine may be difficult as it usually requires either maths or physics at A2
Willburrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Goodshah)
Biochemistry any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The employment figure is simply incorrect I would not listen to it, look at each unis websites to see actual employment rates
Willburrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is wrong
http://careers.theguardian.com/caree...-be-unemployed
Frannoooooooo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
medicine may be difficult as it usually requires either maths or physics at A2
No it doesn't. Chemistry A2 is usually the only requirement with another A2 or even AS in another science. I think Cambridge is the only Uni where you need 3 or more Science subjects. Otherwise, Chem and Bio are fine.
Willburrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Frannoooooooo)
No it doesn't. Chemistry A2 is usually the only requirement with another A2 or even AS in another science. I think Cambridge is the only Uni where you need 3 or more Science subjects. Otherwise, Chem and Bio are fine.
ah sorry my mistkae , still if this is a 2015 applicant medicine isnt a wise choice due to the work experience needed ukcat etx
Frannoooooooo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ah sorry my mistkae , still if this is a 2015 applicant medicine isnt a wise choice due to the work experience needed ukcat etx
Yeh Maths/Physics are going to make them a much stronger candidate but not required. And yeah that's a good point, medicine needs a lot of preparation and isn't something you can just choose at the last minute:rolleyes:
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You don't need a degree to earn £40,000+. You need to be in the right job with the right attitude and skills.
Rstlss
Rep:
?
Yea I'm probably going to consider medicine but I just wanted to see what else I could do.
Also you don't need maths for it & I will be soon starting my Volunteering & work Shadowing.
Willburrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maker)
You don't need a degree to earn £40,000+. You need to be in the right job with the right attitude and skills.
... thats obvious, however getting a degree helps you access top jobs required to make that amount of money, its a lot harder without further education
Frannoooooooo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rstlss)
Yea I'm probably going to consider medicine but I just wanted to see what else I could do.
Also you don't need maths for it & I will be soon starting my Volunteering & work Shadowing.
What were your GCSE and AS results?
tombayes
  • Study Helper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rstlss)
What degree can I do with;
Biology, Chemistry, Geography & Psychology?
The salary must be at least 40k Minimum.
40k starting after an undergrad degree only in IB, trading or possibly some of the consultancy firms will you get that no matter what degree you do.

The most important thing is to go to a reasonably good university if you want to get into the above jobs. There is always huge argument on TSR about which universities are the main target unis but i would say:
Cambridge, Imperial, Oxford, LSE. Any others would probably (definitely) disadvantage you. And numerate degrees e.g. maths, physics >>others like biology, geography.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads