Advice wanted about end of apprenticeship Watch

lookingoutofthewindow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everybody,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so if not would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

I'm posting to ask for advice for my sister, who finished a year-long apprenticeship in retail as a sales assistant about a month ago.

She has since been given a job as a full-time sales assistant, which started right after finishing the apprenticeship, and which was supposed to come with an appropriate pay rise. However she's just got her pay for this month and is still being paid the apprenticeship wage.

Presumably this is because they still haven't got a contract for her to sign! They keep saying the contract is in the post and it's just an admin error but it's been a month now. We feel that this is very unfair, especially since the apprentice wage is far below the minimum wage.

My sister doesn't know what to do, apart from keep waiting for the contract. We don't really know either.

Can anyone give any advice on whether this is in any way normal, what we could do to get the contract sooner, and get her the pay she hasn't got this month?

Thanks in advance!
SeanKennedyIBM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lookingoutofthewindow)
Hello everybody,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so if not would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

I'm posting to ask for advice for my sister, who finished a year-long apprenticeship in retail as a sales assistant about a month ago.

She has since been given a job as a full-time sales assistant, which started right after finishing the apprenticeship, and which was supposed to come with an appropriate pay rise. However she's just got her pay for this month and is still being paid the apprenticeship wage.

Presumably this is because they still haven't got a contract for her to sign! They keep saying the contract is in the post and it's just an admin error but it's been a month now. We feel that this is very unfair, especially since the apprentice wage is far below the minimum wage.

My sister doesn't know what to do, apart from keep waiting for the contract. We don't really know either.

Can anyone give any advice on whether this is in any way normal, what we could do to get the contract sooner, and get her the pay she hasn't got this month?

Thanks in advance!
If I was her i'd get the to confirm that they will payback what ever she is owed.

For instance if she is on £500 a month and the new contract is £1000 and she has worked a month on the new job however is being paid £500, then ask them if she will be reimbursed the £500 owed. Once you have this confirmation that it wouldn't matter as they have agreed to it.

She shouldn't lose out on money for an "Admin" error.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads