Family law help!!! Watch

charry12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
ive been given this scenario for my 3rd year assessment problem, please HELP ME!! arrrrggghhh especially the last 2 questions :0

Lana has been married to Melvin for 10 years and they have 2 young children aged 5 and 7. Lana has just found out that Melvin is having an affair and she has asked him to leave the family home. Melvin refuses because he says the affair has now ended and has nowhere to go. The family home is owned in joint names and there has been no domestic abuse. He also wants to spend as much time as he can with the children. He has asked Lana to consider reconciliation.

Lana is in a very emotional state and needs time and space to decide what to do next. She does not think reconciliation is likely but doesn’t want to rule it out completely at this stage. The atmosphere at home is very difficult and she is worried about the effect this is having on the children.

Melvin works full time as a journalist for a local newspaper and earns about £2500 per month gross which is paid into a joint account from which all the monthly outgoings are paid. Lana does not work and is reliant on Melvin continuing to pay his salary into the joint back account but is very worried that if he does not she will not have access to any money at all.
Lana has heard of family mediation but is not sure what this entails. She does not want any advice about divorce at the moment but will seek further advice at a later date if she decides this is what she wants.
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads