Forensic science applicants 2015. Watch

crozibear96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thought I'd create this thread because most other courses seem to have one of their own.:3
Clin96
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
I've just applied to do forensic science in 2015! Applied to: sheffield hallam, Liverpool John moores, glydwr, Nottingham Trent and Wolverhampton
crozibear96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clin96)
Hi,
I've just applied to do forensic science in 2015! Applied to: sheffield hallam, Liverpool John moores, glydwr, Nottingham Trent and Wolverhampton
Hey! I just made LJMU my firm choice for forensics. ^-^
Clin96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really want LJM for my firm too but I don't have an offer yet. How long did it take for them to make you an offer? My Ucas was only sent a week ago
crozibear96
Rep:
?
I really want LJM for my firm too but I don't have an offer yet. How long did it take for them to make you an offer? My Ucas was only sent a week ago

I sent my application on a Wednesday and then got the offer on the following Monday. But this was way early, before Halloween early. It might take longer now because it's getting closer to the deadline and so more applications are being sent in. :3
Clin96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by crozibear96)
I sent my application on a Wednesday and then got the offer on the following Monday. But this was way early, before Halloween early. It might take longer now because it's getting closer to the deadline and so more applications are being sent in. :3
Ahh yeah, true. Hope I hear back before Christmas though. I've had 2 offers from other uni's but I really want to go to LJM!
crozibear96
Rep:
?
Ahh yeah, true. Hope I hear back before Christmas though. I've had 2 offers from other uni's but I really want to go to LJM!
Where'd you get your other offers from?
Clin96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where'd you get your other offers from?
Glyndwr and Wolverhampton
crozibear96
Rep:
?
Glyndwr and Wolverhampton
Congrats!:congrats:
Clin96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got my offer from Liverpool today when you got your offer how many ucas points did they say they wanted?
crozibear96
Rep:
?
Got my offer from Liverpool today when you got your offer how many ucas points did they say they wanted?
My offer is for a minimum of 300 UCAS points, with at least a C (80 points) in Chemistry. What's yours for?
Clin96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My offer is for a minimum of 300 UCAS points, with at least a C (80 points) in Chemistry. What's yours for?
Mine is minimum of 280 ucas points, with a C in biology. Have you been to a applicant day at LJM?
crozibear96
Rep:
?
No, cuz I'd have had to catch a plane or boat to get there. :/ Have you been to one?
Clin96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going to one on the 11th february Have you started revising yet for your exams this year?
_tilly01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where did you get work experience from for forensics? I'm interested in applying too but need work experience first :-D
crozibear96
Rep:
?
I'm going to one on the 11th february Have you started revising yet for your exams this year?
Oooh, I'm jealous!*-* I really, really wanted to go. I have, but not too much. Just a little bit here and there. Have you?

(Original post by _tilly01)
Where did you get work experience from for forensics? I'm interested in applying too but need work experience first :-D
I couldn't actually get work experience for forensics. There was a list of things on my work experience form that you couldn't do, and the first thing on the list was forensic science. <//3 I did my work experience in a secondary school science department. I'm not sure what other areas are like in getting placements for forensics though
_tilly01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay, thanks anyway! And good luck in your studies :-)
Clin96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I started revising a bit, I'm stressing about getting my grades so started early. I have re sits too so more content to get through. How do you revise, what do you find best?
Mature_Student77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a mature student who had just applied to Wolverhampton to do forensic science. I have my interview on the 26th of January
crozibear96
Rep:
?
I started revising a bit, I'm stressing about getting my grades so started early. I have re sits too so more content to get through. How do you revise, what do you find best?
Me too, I never knew I'd be this worried about grades! I'm doing one or two resits too. I usually do mind maps and summary notes straight from the specifications, and then practice questions if I have time. It seems to work for me. It all depends on what kind of learner you are. :3 How do you revise?

(Original post by Mature_Student77)
I'm a mature student who had just applied to Wolverhampton to do forensic science. I have my interview on the 26th of January
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads