Universities in the Republic of Ireland Watch

anastas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm a EU citizen wishing to study at a university in the Republic of Ireland.
But i'm so confused!
Do i have to pay fees? What exactly is matriculation? And how can i know the equivalent of my high school grades and certificates to the irish ones?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anastas)
I'm a EU citizen wishing to study at a university in the Republic of Ireland.
But i'm so confused!
Do i have to pay fees? What exactly is matriculation? And how can i know the equivalent of my high school grades and certificates to the irish ones?
Yes you pay fees the same as anyone else from the EU would- this shows the costs at Trinity College Dublin https://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/...%201415_v1.pdf

And if it doesn't have your qualifications listed under entry requirements then email and ask
anastas
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
Yes you pay fees the same as anyone else from the EU would- this shows the costs at Trinity College Dublin https://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/...%201415_v1.pdf

And if it doesn't have your qualifications listed under entry requirements then email and ask
Thank you so much for your help! Do you know whether i can get a student loan, like the one in the UK?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anastas)
Thank you so much for your help! Do you know whether i can get a student loan, like the one in the UK?
Not like in the UK no. I did read on Trinity Dublins website that they have their own loan scheme available but it didn't say whether it was just for Irish students or not.
anastas
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
Not like in the UK no. I did read on Trinity Dublins website that they have their own loan scheme available but it didn't say whether it was just for Irish students or not.
Thanks once again. I've been checking out universities websites but most of them don't have in detail whats going on with the fees, i think. I'll e-mail them to be sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads