Feel like I've failed for the past 19 years, Just getting it of my chest, Sorry. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The title says it all, I'm 19, and I genuinely feel like I've failed. I can honestly say I've had a ****ing difficult life and I've had no help through it... I was still-born, died twice within 20 minutes, Spent 6 months in an incubator, have a condition that requires daily pills, Had a **** childhood, Abusive father (Now gone) mother always worked, Bullied in primary school, Friendless in secondary school, was okay in college until I got stabbed on the way home and got kicked out, Applied for 182 jobs, 106 interviews, 0 jobs successful, Not eligible for benefits, Broke as ****, new stepfathers a ****, Lonely as **** and clearly depressed hence why I've ****ed up my past two relationships.

As you can see, pretty ****ty life, don't see it changing anytime soon either.

Sorry guys, just needed to vent.... Forgive me.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The title says it all, I'm 19, and I genuinely feel like I've failed. I can honestly say I've had a ****ing difficult life and I've had no help through it... I was still-born, died twice within 20 minutes, Spent 6 months in an incubator, have a condition that requires daily pills, Had a **** childhood, Abusive father (Now gone) mother always worked, Bullied in primary school, Friendless in secondary school, was okay in college until I got stabbed on the way home and got kicked out, Applied for 182 jobs, 106 interviews, 0 jobs successful, Not eligible for benefits, Broke as ****, new stepfathers a ****, Lonely as **** and clearly depressed hence why I've ****ed up my past two relationships.

What have you found in life that makes you happy?
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

PM Me
gen88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sending hugs your way. Can I ask why you aren't eligible for benefits? What are the first 3 things you could change first about your life? That's a good way to start. The way I see it, no-one can say they've died twice and lived to tell it. That means you're meant to be here for something. You're obviously way stronger than you give yourself credit for, you just haven't found what it is you're meant to be doing here on earth yet..
katharinakri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's going to be okay. Maybe you should try to change your enviorment? Maybe move to a different place if you can?
MJlover
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Start college again, get a qualification, get funding for college (maybe like a bursary)in the meantime to get yourself occupied and more hopeful about the future.
Jayne7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

You are amazing!

You have overcome so much adversity.

Someone once wrote, "The best thing about the past is that it's over". This seems so true for you and you must not judge your future as your past.

My suggestion, as a Coach, would be, before you go to bed, think of 10 positive things from that day (even if it's that you walked in lovely fresh air), feel gratitude for those things and especially before bed. This will help you make new thought habits.

Remember with a habit, the more you do it the more it becomes a habit.

Warm wishes

WeedCanKill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't be a victim or else nothing will ever change.
Jayne7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gen88)
Sending hugs your way. Can I ask why you aren't eligible for benefits? What are the first 3 things you could change first about your life? That's a good way to start. The way I see it, no-one can say they've died twice and lived to tell it. That means you're meant to be here for something. You're obviously way stronger than you give yourself credit for, you just haven't found what it is you're meant to be doing here on earth yet..
Love it!
SarcasticMel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

But the fact that you got into two relationships should tell you that there's something that's right about you! People tend to notice and if it took them some time to decide that you are not in the right state, well to me it means you can get in the right state.

Not to mention, the sheer effort you put in to applying to that many jobs, you're not a quitter, a quitter would have given up long before that.

I know I can't help you, and words won't help you, but for what it's worth, you don't sound like a **** up at all, just someone who had some very bad luck along the way.
number23
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it shows you are a strong person having been through all that and you are still here. You are very young, try and focuss on things you enjoy . You deserve it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads