The Student Room Group

Work Experience at a Big Company?

Has anyone ever had work experience at a big company like Google, BBC, British Airways, GlaxoSmithKline, Disney and so on? Like how was it? How did you apply? What did you do? Did they give you anything?
Original post by UnknownDude
Has anyone ever had work experience at a big company like Google, BBC, British Airways, GlaxoSmithKline, Disney and so on? Like how was it? How did you apply? What did you do? Did they give you anything?

Just popped this in the careers forum for you :h:

Me, a few of my friends

Though these were placement positions

I applied through sending my CV to someone at the company I worked for. GSK had jobs on the uni site, and some people applied there. Same with Cisco UK and Cisco Brussells

Right now, Im expecting a phone call in 4 minutes for a telephone interview, for a small company, owned by a much larger company (I was slightly "poached" cos of an insider)

Otherwise, it's looking at the jobs, and applying by normal means (ie: some people I know have applied to ATOS and Check Point firewalls)

(These are for graduate positions)
Original post by de_monies
Me, a few of my friends

Though these were placement positions

I applied through sending my CV to someone at the company I worked for. GSK had jobs on the uni site, and some people applied there. Same with Cisco UK and Cisco Brussells

Right now, Im expecting a phone call in 4 minutes for a telephone interview, for a small company, owned by a much larger company (I was slightly "poached" cos of an insider)

Otherwise, it's looking at the jobs, and applying by normal means (ie: some people I know have applied to ATOS and Check Point firewalls)

(These are for graduate positions)

Im in year 12, do you know any companies that offer work experience in the IT sector? Preferrably computer science.
Im in year 12, do you know any companies that offer work experience in the IT sector? Preferrably computer science.

CapGemini?
Reply 5
I did work experience in year 10 working in IT in a large bank. This was part of a scheme through the school where every student was placed in a business in the area for a week.

Since then they invited me back during school/university holidays and I ended up joining the graduate scheme.

The route I took was quite unusual however - usually you would apply to more structured internships during uni instead. However I was able to do this as I was working in a smaller branch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending