Can bulimia come back? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I beat bulimia all by my self without the need for any help which I am so proud of and its been almost a year now but its coming back. I was totally bulimia free for about 10 months
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It can certainly come back, particularly when you don't have the right medical support for the psychological issues that go alongside it.

You may have beaten it for good, you may not have done. Nobody knows until it comes back. But just remember that if it does come back, you know you've beaten it before, so you know that you'll be able to beat it again.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
It can certainly come back, particularly when you don't have the right medical support for the psychological issues that go alongside it.

You may have beaten it for good, you may not have done. Nobody knows until it comes back. But just remember that if it does come back, you know you've beaten it before, so you know that you'll be able to beat it again.
Thank you for your kind words. I havent fully gone back to the way I was before, its only been 3 days. I just need to stop binge eating
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
unfortunately you have to try and tackle the underlying issues such as low self esteem and improving coping mechanisms too and remain aware that the feelings and behaviours are likely to come back during periods of stress and change in your life and try and be very careful about eating well during those times

you've done it before so try and get on top of your relapse asap... binging is usually caused by something so you either need to remove the emotional cause (e.g. reduce stress) or you need to remove the physical cause (e.g. don't diet and don't purge or try and compensate for the binges)
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unfortunately yes ):
Anonymous #1
(Original post by doodle_333)
unfortunately you have to try and tackle the underlying issues such as low self esteem and improving coping mechanisms too and remain aware that the feelings and behaviours are likely to come back during periods of stress and change in your life and try and be very careful about eating well during those times

you've done it before so try and get on top of your relapse asap... binging is usually caused by something so you either need to remove the emotional cause (e.g. reduce stress) or you need to remove the physical cause (e.g. don't diet and don't purge or try and compensate for the binges)
thank you for your good response, you are correct.. i am stressed out big time and feel like ive lost control
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads