100%
Keep (0)
0%
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Today was the vote in the Sheffield PCC election. Turnout in the highly publicised vote was under 15% with only 20% of this vote coming on the actual day. Polling stations were empty most of the day with stations reporting less than 100 people all over the region. In 2012 when first launched most areas only had 10-20% turnout. There is also the issue of the police and politics becoming too close when they should be kept separate.

So should PCC's be abolished?
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you watch the news there's shouts of 'more devolved powers' and 'we the people aren't listened to.'

This is what happens.

I'm starting to think that people who are leading these initiatives are just doing it to create beurocratic jobs for themselves.
Bullscheiße
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Waste of time and money! The Kent one doesn't even know what she's supposed to be doing! No one votes in the elections either...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, beyond a regional police body directing funds to knife crime over drugs for example i don't see any reason for local control of justice and policing powers.

Indeed i'm not actually sure i bothered to vote which is rare for me.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a new thing, it got such low votes, like every Scottish parliament election. It's not engrained enough in the public psyche.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Abolish the PCCs. Police committees actually seemed to do a better job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.59%
The paper was reasonable (1166)
54.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (461)
21.58%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.24%

Watched Threads