Final optometry choice, sending off UCAS. PLEASEEEEE help Watch

Crystal4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically, I'm literally about to send my UCAS off and have one final choice left for optometry.
GCSE profile: 8A*'s and 2A's
A level profile: A*AD (D in chemistry )
3 weeks w/e
Its between Uni of Manchester, Cardiff and Anglia Ruskin.
Which one do I realistically have a chance of getting into? I would love to apply to either manchester or cardiff but fear rejection cause of my chemistry prediction.
Any advice would be appreciated ASAP
Thanks
President Putin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are you predicted in Chemistry? Is it still a D? Or was your tutor kind enough to upgrade it to a C?

If I was you, I'd probably apply to Anglia Ruskin... they are much more likely to offer you a place than the other two.
Crystal4
Rep:
?
(Original post by President Putin)
What are you predicted in Chemistry? Is it still a D? Or was your tutor kind enough to upgrade it to a C?

If I was you, I'd probably apply to Anglia Ruskin... they are much more likely to offer you a place than the other two.
Still a D but I'm going to fight my corner on monday to try and get it to a C but they're being really strict on predictions this year
President Putin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Crystal4)
Still a D but I'm going to fight my corner on monday to try and get it to a C but they're being really strict on predictions this year
Yeah, you try and do that. It will definitely help out your profile.

If you manage to convince your tutor then you can try applying to Manchester or Cardiff. I think both institution would then be inclined to offer you a place.

But optometry is still a very good course at Anglia Ruskin - so there's nothing to be worrying about.

Good luck.
Crystal4
Rep:
?
(Original post by President Putin)
Yeah, you try and do that. It will definitely help out your profile.

If you manage to convince your tutor then you can try applying to Manchester or Cardiff. I think both institution would then be inclined to offer you a place.

But optometry is still a very good course at Anglia Ruskin - so there's nothing to be worrying about.

Good luck.
If they predict me a C I'll go for manchester/cardiff and if not I'll apply to Anglia Ruskin.
My tutor would much rather die than predict me a C though. *sigh*
Thanks for your help x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads