The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Help! Collingwood or Hatfield College?!

Should I choose Collingwood or Hatfield? Collingwood seems really informal, fun and exciting, as if theres always something going on. But Hatfield is quite big on the performing arts, I'd really like to get involved in the music and drama groups. I don't know whether Collingwood is like this as well, but it wasn't really expressed on their webpage.
Anyways, which should I choose and why??:confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm a hatfielder so I'm obviously going to be biased but I'll try and give you an insight.

Hatfield is in the centre of town, it's pretty loud/rowdy, there are loads of societies, including theatre, who put on a good few productions a year. I was actually cast in one of them but it didn't go ahead sadly. It's formals are the envy of the university! There is a myth that it's full of rich people, that couldn't be less true. Yes, some of us have come from very wealthy backgrounds but that hardly ever comes up.

Collingwood is the sporty college of the hill. It's close to the science site and has a huge bar. Again I only know people that I know through sport and I'm sure with it's size there is a lot more going on, but they are massive when it comes to sport, I think they have something like 10 make football teams. They have a reputation for being a lady college (although I have to say Durham has its fair share of lads in every college). This is fairly well cemented by the "Mr Collingwood" competition, that finds the ".biggest fresh lad". Obviously you don't have to get involved in that at all. I'd happily go to Collingwood if I was on the hill, but I adore living on the Bailey.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest