Exeter/Bristol vs Sheffield/Nottingham Watch

Parry97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm applying for Politics and Philosophy at Exeter and Sheffield, and just politics at Bristol and Notts. I think my favourite is sheffield or Nottingham but they're both lower in terms of prestige in comparison to exeter and bristol?

Also would doing straight politics make me a less attractive student to employers?

Basically I'm torn between firming potentially a slightly worse uni that I prefer or choosing one which I like but not as much that has a slightly better rep

Oh yeah, and... I'm big time into my cricket and know that the facilities at Exeter are great, but am unsure about the other three, anyone know anything re that?

Cheers
EspDe97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Parry97)
I'm applying for Politics and Philosophy at Exeter and Sheffield, and just politics at Bristol and Notts. I think my favourite is sheffield or Nottingham but they're both lower in terms of prestige in comparison to exeter and bristol?

Also would doing straight politics make me a less attractive student to employers?

Basically I'm torn between firming potentially a slightly worse uni that I prefer or choosing one which I like but not as much that has a slightly better rep
Hi I personally think that you should just apply for the ones that you like best. Sheffield and Nottingham are still Russell Group unis and they both have a good reputation with employers. All four are prestigious so I would say it wouldn't make that much difference which you go for.

I've applied for Modern Languages at both Sheffield and Exeter. The only offer I've had so far is from Sheffield but I'm almost certain that I'll be firming it. I definitely won't firm Exeter if I get an offer because I just really love Sheffield (both the uni in general and the course) and think I would be happier there.

Obviously I don't know much about politics or philosophy but I doubt it would make you less attractive to employers if you do just politics. So again I'd say go for the course which you prefer and think you'll enjoy more.

Hopefully that's helpful to you!
Parry97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yeah that's really helpful, you've cleared my head somewhat, cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads