PGCE & Student Finance question Watch

chokolat2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone

I am a little confused in regards to the finance available for postgraduate study.

Basically I studied at undergraduate level and achieved my degree in Hospitality B 2013. I funded this course via Student finance England.

I am now looking to do a PGCE - will I be able to apply to Student Finance to cover my tuition fees?

Many thanks
noorii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chokolat2)
Hi everyone

I am a little confused in regards to the finance available for postgraduate study.

Basically I studied at undergraduate level and achieved my degree in Hospitality B 2013. I funded this course via Student finance England.

I am now looking to do a PGCE - will I be able to apply to Student Finance to cover my tuition fees?

Many thanks
Hey!

Student finance supports the PGCE the same way it did your undergraduate, and you will also get a loan and grant too, aswell as a bursary depending on what PGCE you decide to study. I think minimum bursary is £9000 if you're doing primary, and shortage subjects such as secondary mathematics get £20,000 dependent on the degree class you achieved in your undergrad.

There is more information on the website I linked below

http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into...aduate-funding

Hope I've helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise