This discussion is closed.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
How competitive is it? Which are the best unis for it? Average offers? (this info is for a friend btw, she dropped one AS level so now only has 3 [bio, economics and geog], is predicted ABC for them) She wants to know her chances. Can anyone help?
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
How competitive is it? Which are the best unis for it? Average offers? (this info is for a friend btw, she dropped one AS level so now only has 3 [bio, economics and geog], is predicted ABC for them) She wants to know her chances. Can anyone help?
My mate has applied for physiotherapy. I didn't believe him when he told me that he got rejected from all six of his choices. Although he is not the cream of the crop and didn't apply to top universities, I was still surprised that he didn't get even one offer.

He told me that physiotherapy is a very competitive course, which I had no idea about. He had previously consulted teachers and they had basicallly laughed in his face about the prospect of him applying for the course. He has taken this whole situation as a man and applied via UCAS Extra. He was rejected again. Now his only hope is Clearing. The one person from my school that I know of who successfully got into a physiotherapy course was an old Head Boy who was captain of the rugby team and who got straight A grades.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
:eek: She's had her heart set on nottingham for a while. It can't be that competitive if the offer is BBB, can it???
giddychick
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it is extremely competitive. I applied this year and was predicted AAB, had work experience in NHS and private sector as well as voluntary work and got rejected by 3 out of my 6 choices, they weren't all top universities that I applied to either. Nottingham seemed especially competitive and I found the interview the most difficult, if you look at their selection process on their website you'll get an idea as to how competitive it is!
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my best m8 got AAAAA at AS level, predicted AAAA at A2 level in bio/hist/pe/ge studs and got REJECTED from ALL 6 CHOICES (she applied to some really low down ones aswell) WITHOUT INTERVIEW for any.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my best mates predicted good a levels in bio/pe /english and got rejected from all 6.

love Katy ***
giddychick
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emzie)
my best m8 got AAAAA at AS level, predicted AAAA at A2 level in chem/hist/pe/ge studs and got REJECTED from ALL 6 CHOICES (she applied to some really low down ones aswell) WITHOUT INTERVIEW for any.
Most of the unis i looked at said that you must have biology as an A Level
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ops yeh i got it wrong, it was bio not chem shes doing, got an A in bio AS and predicted A in A2
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A friend of mine who was predicted AAA went to Keele for Physio as she missed her grades for medicine at Cardiff...cant remember whether that was through clearing or not..

She studied Bio, Chem & PE to A2 and Geog to AS.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (68)
52.71%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.75%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.85%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.1%

Watched Threads