The Student Room Group

Is exam solutions really that good?

Just want your opinion of exam solutions (the website)

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Original post by kandykissesxox

Many here think it is a panacea. Mind you some people rave about Khan Academy too.

Extremely good I needed it for the harder Mechanics 2 Centre of Mass questions involving angles to the vertical etc, which I found hard because I am not good at visualising.Shame the website doesn't cover all the modules.
I found it extremely helpful, personally. Why don't you just try it out for yourself? It's not like you have to sign up for it or pay anything.
Reply 5
Original post by Mr M
Many here think it is a panacea. Mind you some people rave about Khan Academy too.

There is a third free site that also have videos that I heard students talking about
Heggarty Maths
I do find ExamSolutions useful, except that there is nothing on Edexcel Module M3, as of today. That's all that's missing from it.
depends how you learn, although imo there is no better way to prep for exams than to understand the content and go through worked solutions

personally watching videos is my favourite way to learn, so give it a go and it might work for you too :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TeeEm
I do not promote ever (disclaimer)

Students need to be given facts and hopefully they will make the right decisions.

Hegarty is also quite thin on the ground for material, especially when compared with ExamSolutions. They don't even have Mechanics M1. :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Mr M
Hegarty. The owner is an insufferable twerp (IMO) so I prefer not to promote that one.

:eek:

Why's that? Have you met him?
Reply 10
Original post by Mr M
I've been unlucky enough to encounter him on the internet. Here is a typical outburst.

My gosh.. Wow. I'm left speechless :lol:

Would never have expected that :lolwut:
Original post by Mr M

Hi Mr M, I would like to personally thank you for your help when I was doing my GCSE maths. I really appreciate the fact your put up mark schemes for the past papers. :smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
Extremely good I needed it for the harder Mechanics 2 Centre of Mass questions involving angles to the vertical etc, which I found hard because I am not good at visualising.Shame the website doesn't cover all the modules.

That's great. thanks :smile:
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I found it extremely helpful, personally. Why don't you just try it out for yourself? It's not like you have to sign up for it or pay anything.

I am using it, but i wanted to know everybody's opinion of it. thanks :smile:
Original post by TeeEm
There is a third free site that also have videos that I heard students talking about
Heggarty Maths

I'll try that out :smile:
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
I do find ExamSolutions useful, except that there is nothing on Edexcel Module M3, as of today. That's all that's missing from it.

They will probably release it in 2015? :smile:
Hi Mr M, I would like to personally thank you for your help when I was doing my GCSE maths. I really appreciate the fact your put up mark schemes for the past papers. :smile:

You are welcome.
Original post by AlphaMolecule
Not for me, I prefer to do the stuff myself instead of following what they do because their methods can vary and be confusing, and I don't really learn from watching someone else do maths unless they are a teacher who can support your pace at the time.

Fair enough. personally I learn better when I watch videos :smile:
Reply 18
I'll try that out :smile:

always try and mix

No product is perfect. Use a combination of resources

different books, different websites, different worksheets, different exam papers etc

good luck

:smile:
Original post by TeeEm
always try and mix

No product is perfect. Use a combination of resources

different books, different websites, different worksheets, different exam papers etc

good luck

:smile:

Thanks:smile: at the moment, I'm using an edexcel persons book, my maths and exam solutions

Quick Reply