Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
is badass good
i think it is
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Depends what you mean by good. It will definitely get you a job! My sisters doing it and finds the course pretty hard work- like everyone else does apparently. Theres a lot to learn, organic chemistry (up to a higher standard than the chemistry students)and a lot of cell biology and actions of drugs etc and also pharmacy practice which includes law. Some parts are really interesting and others boring as hell! Oh yes, and its mainly girls on the course with a high proportion of asians and overseas students.
Goku_ssj4
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
so what kind of GCSE and A level grades do u need ??!?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
how much is the wage for a pharmacist?

is it really boring?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
um
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
in know a pharmacist who earns£200 a day for an eight hr shift. 5 days a week. sat n sun off. but works the sat for £££

sooooo

200*6*lets say 48 wking weeks in a year after hols n stuff

=£57600
before tax.....not sure how much tax n NI to take away..but thats a nice sum off money-reltively relaxed job im told-ok its a serious job but no BIG hassles. he also drives a nice big LEXUS....very nice car!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
is that locum

what company is that with?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah that locum. dont know what that means but my mum told me he is locum....?!?!?!

dont know what company but i can find out if u wish.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah please find out for me and also if you can try and find out what exactly locum is and how you get into it
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi guys
Just wondering how many people in your year are doing pharmacy next year at uni. At our school, we've got about 7 people doing it, inc. me. Do other years have that many people wanting to do pharmacy?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
in know a pharmacist who earns£200 a day for an eight hr shift. 5 days a week. sat n sun off. but works the sat for £££

sooooo

200*6*lets say 48 wking weeks in a year after hols n stuff

=£57600
before tax.....not sure how much tax n NI to take away..but thats a nice sum off money-reltively relaxed job im told-ok its a serious job but no BIG hassles. he also drives a nice big LEXUS....very nice car!
Plus you can also work part time at the chemists which added with this = loads of bucks!
Goku_ssj4
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Still no answer ?!
What GCSE and A level grades did u guys who got in get ?!?!?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dunno if they mentioned GCSE grades, but I got a conditional offer with the grades BBB.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
where are you doing pharmcay?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got london school of pharmacy down as my 1st choice, and kings as my second. The both require BBB. I wish Manchester was nearer cos I really liked the course over there and stuff, but for me, its a bit too far away. Where is everyone else going for pharmacy? A few of my friends are going to nottingham.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
is the london school of pharmay anygood?
it only has like 50-100 students while kings has 12 000.
so in TLSP you surrounded by pharmacist which might get a bit boring
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.48%
No (593)
65.52%

Watched Threads