Chances for LSE Watch

Ice564
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I apologize for adding myself to all those asking if their grades are theoretically good enough, but after reading about how competitive it is I cant help but worry.

I am applying for History at the LSE
GCSE: 7A*s and 3A's
Prediction: 44 out of 45

I realize I meet the minimum entry standards but after hearing how competitive it is and how even 45s get rejected I was worried my GCSEs might bring me down (considering many people at my school got straight A*s and did more subjects)

So id be really thankful if anyone could estimate my chances at getting in.
Darthmixalot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes your grades are perfectly fine in theory. If you're still worried, I'd advise working hard on your personal statement and being really, really, really nice to your teachers so that you get the best possible reference that could be written, though they'll probably do that anyway. Your GCSEs are fine enough, not super amazing, but not below average either, you shouldn't be penalised in any way based on them. So yeah, I wouldn't worry so much on your grades, just worry about the other stuff now.
Ice564
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Darthmixalot)
Yes your grades are perfectly fine in theory. If you're still worried, I'd advise working hard on your personal statement and being really, really, really nice to your teachers so that you get the best possible reference that could be written, though they'll probably do that anyway. Your GCSEs are fine enough, not super amazing, but not below average either, you shouldn't be penalised in any way based on them. So yeah, I wouldn't worry so much on your grades, just worry about the other stuff now.
Personal statement has already been sent of but it was pretty good. Thanks for the quick reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads