The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent applicants 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PeerieCthulhu
Thank you c: I'm so nervous! Just waiting to hear back just now... Only applied to Trent this year, I left it so late that I didn't have much time to look at many places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, the wait is the worst! Didn't update UCAS until I had an offer so didn't even know about the interview until I received the letter! Couldn't stop jumping when I received it - and that was just for an interview!

I'm the worst with anxiety so this past month has been horrible!

Well, hopefully Trent come back to you with a rather pleasing response! :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by emma9612
Ah, the wait is the worst! Didn't update UCAS until I had an offer so didn't even know about the interview until I received the letter! Couldn't stop jumping when I received it - and that was just for an interview!

I'm the worst with anxiety so this past month has been horrible!

Well, hopefully Trent come back to you with a rather pleasing response! :smile:

How long did they take to get back to you? Its been about two weeks for me now, and I'm getting more and more nervous!

Yeah! I hope so too!
What offer did you get back from them?
How long did they take to get back to you? Its been about two weeks for me now, and I'm getting more and more nervous!

Yeah! I hope so too!
What offer did you get back from them?

I sent off my UCAS application on the 8th December and received a letter with my test date and time on the 7th January for my interview on the 14th January. The date on the letter, however, was dated the 22nd December but I'm guessing it wasn't sent over the Christmas period! Very annoying as I was anxious over Christmas! Haha!

After my admission test on the 14th, I received a conditional offer to study Print Journalism on the 19th at 5.30pm ish - the offer is 320 points (which is really scary!) but I guess it's also because it's an accredited course and rated the best in the UK.

With Trent, the one thing I learnt was that although it was taking forever for a reply, it doesn't mean a rejection. I thought it did until I received the letter and offer! I had interviews in a matter of days from my 3 other uni choices but not a single one until January from the uni I actually wanted to go to!

If you are worried about no response, you can email their admissions team ([email protected]) or phone them (0115 848 4200).

Hope that helps! :smile:

(edited 9 years ago)
I sent off my UCAS application on the 8th December and received a letter with my test date and time on the 7th January for my interview on the 14th January. The date on the letter, however, was dated the 22nd December but I'm guessing it wasn't sent over the Christmas period! Very annoying as I was anxious over Christmas! Haha!

After my admission test on the 14th, I received a conditional offer to study Print Journalism on the 19th at 5.30pm ish - the offer is 320 points (which is really scary!) but I guess it's also because it's an accredited course and rated the best in the UK.

With Trent, the one thing I learnt was that although it was taking forever for a reply, it doesn't mean a rejection. I thought it did until I received the letter and offer! I had interviews in a matter of days from my 3 other uni choices but not a single one until January from the uni I actually wanted to go to!

If you are worried about no response, you can email their admissions test ([email protected]) or phone them (0115 848 4200).

Hope that helps! :smile:

What's the test date about? D: that sounds scary!

Congratulations on your offer! I wish you all the best!

I might send over an email later to make sure that they got my application, but I dont wanna seem impatient or anything :frown:

Thanks for your help
Anyone studying one of the equine courses?? I'm hoping to study sport horse management and coaching
What's the test date about? D: that sounds scary!

Congratulations on your offer! I wish you all the best!

I might send over an email later to make sure that they got my application, but I dont wanna seem impatient or anything :frown:

Thanks for your help

As I'm doing a course accredited by the NCTJ (Journalism accrediting board) as well as the degree, I had to take an admissions test for them to see my suitability for the course. It will probably say in your course outline on the website about whether you need a test or interview for your course choice.

Thank you!

You're welcome! And good luck! :smile:
Reply 546
Some unis are changing a conditional offer to unconditional if an applicant firms them as their first choice. Does anyone know if NTU would do this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluebells60
Some unis are changing a conditional offer to unconditional if an applicant firms them as their first choice. Does anyone know if NTU would do this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't be sure but I firmed NTU yesterday and haven't heard anything different - in fact, I've heard nothing from them since I firmed them about anything.

Wish they would as it would make me less anxious for the summer but I don't know - may depend on the course! I know a lot of those who have had their offers changed had it written in their letter from UCAS regarding the offer etc.
Reply 548
Tempted to ask them but don't want to jeopardise my conditional offer...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluebells60
Tempted to ask them but don't want to jeopardise my conditional offer...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed last night after becoming worried I wouldn't be able to gain 320 points, despite resitting potentially 2 AS units, as I got BBD in my AS year! Yet to hear anything back but hoping they will respond - hoping for a lowered offer but doubting it!

320 points is a lot so freaking out & in previous years, the total points my course need was 300, which I am aiming to achieve eventually. But as of August, they upped it to 320!
Reply 550
I only need 240 for my course but I already have 295 but they want the points from my advanced highers

Posted from TSR Mobile
[Q="monsterly;53213063"]Hey guys, is it really bad (relatively speaking) if I don't make it to an open day? I live in a whole other country and all that:rolleyes:[/Q]

I dont know if I'll make it to one either cause I live in northern ireland! If I do go to one it'llpprobably be the april one but honestly don't even know if I'll make it to that! Sooo hopefully it's ok if we don't go to them!
Original post by nicolecole
I dont know if I'll make it to one either cause I live in northern ireland! If I do go to one it'llpprobably be the april one but honestly don't even know if I'll make it to that! Sooo hopefully it's ok if we don't go to them!

To be honest, an open day wasn't even on my mind when I first started my UCAS but I got worked up after seeing so many people (mostly, if not all, UK students) talking about going to open days. Things don't even work like this here so I didn't think it that important... but I guess it'll be okay if we do our research
Reply 553
Original post by monsterly
To be honest, an open day wasn't even on my mind when I first started my UCAS but I got worked up after seeing so many people (mostly, if not all, UK students) talking about going to open days. Things don't even work like this here so I didn't think it that important... but I guess it'll be okay if we do our research

With the open days you don't have to attend at all, they're just there so that you can experience the uni first hand so that you can see whether or not you like it, because how much can you learn to love it from a prospectus? But obviously if you can't make it then you can't, but that's why they've got the virtual tours on the website, which are helpful especially to international students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As I'm doing a course accredited by the NCTJ (Journalism accrediting board) as well as the degree, I had to take an admissions test for them to see my suitability for the course. It will probably say in your course outline on the website about whether you need a test or interview for your course choice.

Thank you!

You're welcome! And good luck! :smile:

Ahhh, okay! I think they'll want an interview. But I didn't see anything about a test thankfully :smile:

Good luck with it all!
And thanks! C:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 555
glasshouse is my favourite for accommodation at the moment ! anyone else looking to go there ?
Original post by M1711
glasshouse is my favourite for accommodation at the moment ! anyone else looking to go there ?

I am
Reply 557
Original post by M1711

Me! I'm going for either Glasshouse or Goldsmith Court! I'll decide which one when I go visit on open day.
Reply 558
Original post by jc20
Me! I'm going for either Glasshouse or Goldsmith Court! I'll decide which one when I go visit on open day.

do you have to book a viewing for glasshouse ? im going to pNTU openday on the 21st of Feb ..
Original post by M1711
do you have to book a viewing for glasshouse ? im going to pNTU openday on the 21st of Feb ..

I'm also looking at staying at glasshouse as my first choice of accommodation, but I can't make it to the open day so won't be able to go for a viewing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending