Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

perphation
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've seen that more people are starting to get their offers from Durham, and someone suggested that we should start a Facebook group but since that's hard to organise, I've started this instead so we can (possibly) celebrate and discuss (potential) uni life.

Do also post details of your offers (course, conditions, when you got your offer) below or on the university connect page since that can be useful to other people applying/waiting for their offers!
perphation
Rep:
?
Edit - Facebook group for Durham 2015 firmers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/803055009736957/
jhaddad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A* A A for English Literature!
BlazedSymphony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi.

I have a very pressing issue here. Please tell me what you make of this conundrum and help me figure it out, yes?

So I just received an offer from Durham for psychology (conditional offer, yes) and the condition requires me to score 85% in four academic subjects AND 85% in mathematics. Now, the problem here is, I don't have mathematics. I clearly stated my subjects in the application, and I'm just really confused and annoyed right now because it would suck to have my offer cancelled. Can that happen, though?

I just wrote to Durham and I just got their automated reply back saying that they're bogged down with applications and they'll get to me ASAP.

Can a university like Durham make an error like that? Can they cancel my offer, knowing that I CANNOT fulfill this condition because I don't have the subject?

Please opine.
perphation
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlazedSymphony)
Hi.

I have a very pressing issue here. Please tell me what you make of this conundrum and help me figure it out, yes?

So I just received an offer from Durham for psychology (conditional offer, yes) and the condition requires me to score 85% in four academic subjects AND 85% in mathematics. Now, the problem here is, I don't have mathematics. I clearly stated my subjects in the application, and I'm just really confused and annoyed right now because it would suck to have my offer cancelled. Can that happen, though?

I just wrote to Durham and I just got their automated reply back saying that they're bogged down with applications and they'll get to me ASAP.

Can a university like Durham make an error like that? Can they cancel my offer, knowing that I CANNOT fulfill this condition because I don't have the subject?

Please opine.
I doubt they'll cancel your offer since they've already deemed you as a worthy applicant by making you and offer. They'll probably just revise your offer conditions.
perphation
Rep:
?
(Original post by jhaddad)
A* A A for English Literature!
Grats! Are you firming the offer?
jhaddad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by perphation)
Grats! Are you firming the offer?
If I don't get an offer from Cambridge I definitely will! What have you applied for?
perphation
Rep:
?
(Original post by jhaddad)
If I don't get an offer from Cambridge I definitely will! What have you applied for?
Cool! Which college have you applied to at Durham?
I've applied for archaeology and anthropology

Posted from TSR Mobile
J3SS742
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an offer from Durham for Biological Sciences, AAA! So happy
perphation
Rep:
?
(Original post by J3SS742)
Got an offer from Durham for Biological Sciences, AAA! So happy
Grats! Which college have you applied to?
J3SS742
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Grats! Which college have you applied to?
Thanks!
Hatfield, what about you?
perphation
Rep:
?
(Original post by J3SS742)
Thanks!
Hatfield, what about you?
Castle! I really do hope I get allocated there, since that's my second choice uni after Oxford (and my chances of getting into Oxford are pretty close to 0)
J3SS742
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Castle! I really do hope I get allocated there, since that's my second choice uni after Oxford (and my chances of getting into Oxford are pretty close to 0)
Oh yeah, Castle's lovely!
Oooh same, but yeah haha chances are verrry low, but you'll be fine!
jhaddad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cool! Which college have you applied to at Durham?
I've applied for archaeology and anthropology

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Chad's
sootyrabbit123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,
I am applying for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History at Durham, but have not got an offer yet, so a bit anxious.
Just wondering if any historians have got offers from Durham, as I know they can take their time!?

perphation
Rep:
?
(Original post by sootyrabbit123)
Hey,
I am applying for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History at Durham, but have not got an offer yet, so a bit anxious.
Just wondering if any historians have got offers from Durham, as I know they can take their time!?

Durham is known for taking quite a while to send offers, so don't you worry. I haven't seen any historians with offers from Durham, so I guess they haven't started looking at the applications yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
victoriatayylor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone received an offer from Durham for Law?
Hegelian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by victoriatayylor)
Has anyone received an offer from Durham for Law?
I'm doing law starting next year but on a gap year so have already sorted my place as I took a foundation year last year.
sootyrabbit123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Durham is known for taking quite a while to send offers, so don't you worry. I haven't seen any historians with offers from Durham, so I guess they haven't started looking at the applications yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks- that's reassuring!
Aussie Dude ._.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It took them 7 months to get back to me with an offer for Law last year so yeah they do have a reputation for taking their time...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (142)
21.16%
The paper was reasonable (327)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.78%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise