The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Received an AAB offer for Japanese studies in December and I can't wait :biggrin: applied for University College, but we'll see what happens, eh?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by ZoZo1770
Received an AAB offer for Japanese studies in December and I can't wait :biggrin: applied for University College, but we'll see what happens, eh?

Me too :biggrin:
I got an offer for General Engineering yesterday (AAA), wonder how the course compares with other unis.
Original post by forgottenboy
I got an offer for General Engineering yesterday (AAA), wonder how the course compares with other unis.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=General%20Engineering

Are league tables reliable? saw a few of those they seem inconsistent and its difficult for me to judge unis based on tables ( im an international student)...
Are league tables reliable? saw a few of those they seem inconsistent and its difficult for me to judge unis based on tables ( im an international student)...

They may differ slightly, but I think it is safe to say that Durham for General Engineering would rank in the top 5 along with Oxbridge. Therefore, you should be extremely proud of your offer.
Original post by bethblur
They may differ slightly, but I think it is safe to say that Durham for General Engineering would rank in the top 5 along with Oxbridge. Therefore, you should be extremely proud of your offer.

I am.:biggrin:
I am.:biggrin:

Where else have you received offers from and where are you waiting to hear/rejected?
Where else have you received offers from and where are you waiting to hear/rejected?

I got offers from Edinburgh and Warwick, still waiting for replies from UCL and Imperial.
I got offers from Edinburgh and Warwick, still waiting for replies from UCL and Imperial.

WOW. All excellent universities and departments. I think you'd be happy going to any of those? Very impressive. UCL and Imperial may be very expensive living costs, even though you get out a bigger living costs loan it's still more to pay back. Plus, Edinburgh may be a year longer than a degree over here. Warwick is also apparently really quiet and out in the middle of no where. Durham seems pretty good. They're all fantastic though.
WOW. All excellent universities and departments. I think you'd be happy going to any of those? Very impressive. UCL and Imperial may be very expensive living costs, even though you get out a bigger living costs loan it's still more to pay back. Plus, Edinburgh may be a year longer than a degree over here. Warwick is also apparently really quiet and out in the middle of no where. Durham seems pretty good. They're all fantastic though.

Yea i would be, but Imperial seems to be the best for engineering (and lots of my friends applied there) and its in London which is kinda cool but yea expensive..hows the social life in durham tho
Yea i would be, but Imperial seems to be the best for engineering (and lots of my friends applied there) and its in London which is kinda cool but yea expensive..hows the social life in durham tho

Yeah, I got an offer from Kings for History and it does look really great. So many opportunities. I suppose Imperial would be worth the extra bit to pay back. Perhaps you are from a family that would help fund it i have no idea. In actual Durham probably quite weak, however, Newcastle is 12 minutes by train! Newcastle's nightlife is amazing. :smile:
Original post by TheTechN1304
Me too :biggrin:

Well, hello there! Pleased to meet you :smile:
Original post by Disney0702
I applied for General Engineering, Grey College, and I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Has anyone heard from Durham for General Engineering?

I've applied for the MEng and I've heard nothing, the course looks so good too I hope I don't get rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an AAB offer for music, but don't know which college yet as i haven't had a formal email from durham themselves, but the music department emailed me to tell me :smile:
Reply 235
Original post by Jams97
Has anyone got an offer for primary education?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an interview before Christmas and no reply so far.
Reply 236
Original post by JJLLAA
I had an interview before Christmas and no reply so far.

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer of A*AA for BA geography :biggrin: anyone else had an offer for this??
Managed to change my preferred college choice today.
Surprisingly easy.
Original post by charlyspencer
Just got an offer of A*AA for BA geography :biggrin: anyone else had an offer for this??

Yep I got the same offer! Not sure how I'm going to manage a A* but I'll worry about that later 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending