The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Has anyone heard back from Geography BA or MA? Applied to both and have been waiting since October... :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Got an offer AAAAA (I'm Irish, we take six subjects) for law in Durham but also have an offer of ABBBB from Queen's Belfast (QUB) for Law and Politics and am waiting on a reply from Aberdeen and Edinburgh for Law with options in Music and Law with International Relations! No idea where I want to go now, wasn't expecting offers from anywhere! Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victoriatayylor
Got an offer AAAAA (I'm Irish, we take six subjects) for law in Durham but also have an offer of ABBBB from Queen's Belfast (QUB) for Law and Politics and am waiting on a reply from Aberdeen and Edinburgh for Law with options in Music and Law with International Relations! No idea where I want to go now, wasn't expecting offers from anywhere! Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

QUB reputation for Law is brilliant! Plus they are building a new Law building lol. Their society goes to London etc and is v good for networking. A joint honours with Law is always beneficial. Makes you stand out from a straight honours student. I was told by a solicitor that if you do something like politics with it then you have more options. :smile: However, Durham is fantastic too obviously. I'd be unsure about Aberdeen and Edinburgh as they teach Scottish law.
Original post by bethblur
QUB reputation for Law is brilliant! Plus they are building a new Law building lol. Their society goes to London etc and is v good for networking. A joint honours with Law is always beneficial. Makes you stand out from a straight honours student. I was told by a solicitor that if you do something like politics with it then you have more options. :smile: However, Durham is fantastic too obviously. I'd be unsure about Aberdeen and Edinburgh as they teach Scottish law.

Brilliant, thank you for all that! Are you, by any chance a QUB graduate? You seem rather enthusiastic haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brilliant, thank you for all that! Are you, by any chance a QUB graduate? You seem rather enthusiastic haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem. I'm not actually haha but I was set on doing Law at Queens for about 3 years! Then I changed my mind and am now set on studying History somewhere in England. Have got offers from QUB, Sussex and Kings. Waiting on Durham and York.
Reply 445
Original post by Jams97
I have! Stephenson hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Have you by any chance applied to York St Johns too, its the only Uni I've had not reply from.
Original post by Puffin Boffin
:cool:

Congrats I got an offer for economics too! What college have to put as your preference?

I applied open, I have no preference as to where I stay as long as I get in.

Though i'd rather not be in stockton
No problem. I'm not actually haha but I was set on doing Law at Queens for about 3 years! Then I changed my mind and am now set on studying History somewhere in England. Have got offers from QUB, Sussex and Kings. Waiting on Durham and York.

I was set on Oxford for ages but didn't get in and then was 100% set on Durham, until I got the QUB offer and now I have no idea! That's great, congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was set on Oxford for ages but didn't get in and then was 100% set on Durham, until I got the QUB offer and now I have no idea! That's great, congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw sorry to hear that. They're both brilliant Law departments, so perhaps visiting them would help? :smile: thank you!
Aw sorry to hear that. They're both brilliant Law departments, so perhaps visiting them would help? :smile: thank you!

Oh no it's fine, it was only a pipe dream! Yeah I've been to Durham and adored it and I'm going up to Queen's for the law open day in March so hopefully that'll help! It's also going to depend a bit on college allocations from Durham...I applied to Castle but I doubt I'll get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no it's fine, it was only a pipe dream! Yeah I've been to Durham and adored it and I'm going up to Queen's for the law open day in March so hopefully that'll help! It's also going to depend a bit on college allocations from Durham...I applied to Castle but I doubt I'll get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that'll help :smile: durham could always be your firm and queens your insurance! Yeah, are college allocations given out before you firm/insurance/reject your offer? Or is there a possibility you firm it and then they give you a college you don't want and you can't do anything about it? Lol
Yeah that'll help :smile: durham could always be your firm and queens your insurance! Yeah, are college allocations given out before you firm/insurance/reject your offer? Or is there a possibility you firm it and then they give you a college you don't want and you can't do anything about it? Lol

I was wondering this the other day but I think they do it before the deadline for firming comes...I hope so anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When did you receive it? Still waiting for Ancient, Medieval and Modern.

If it helps, I got my AMM offer on Jan. 20. Good luck!
Reply 453
I was wondering this the other day but I think they do it before the deadline for firming comes...I hope so anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've received decisions from all 5 universities and my deadline to reply is June 4th whereas durham will allocate colleges by March 1st so I don't think they have any connection.
However if you insure durham, and end up going there because you didn't meet your firm's condition then durham may reallocate your college depending on where they have place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 4everundecided
If it helps, I got my AMM offer on Jan. 20. Good luck!

Congratulations!!! :biggrin: what were your gcse grades?
Cool, I've applied to university but i guess I'm the same in that I don't mind where I end up as long as it's in Durham City. Where else did you apply?
Reply 456
Original post by JJLLAA
Congrats! Have you by any chance applied to York St Johns too, its the only Uni I've had not reply from.

No, I've applied to Oxford brookes , Derby, Sheffield Hallam and canterbury. How about you? Do you know which ones you want to accept

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations!!! :biggrin: what were your gcse grades?

I'm American, so it's a little different, but I got 555 on my AP tests, which is basically equivalent to AAA or A*AA for A levels. We don't really have a GCSE equivalent :smile:
Offer for International Relations, came at 16:45
Original post by 4everundecided
I'm American, so it's a little different, but I got 555 on my AP tests, which is basically equivalent to AAA or A*AA for A levels. We don't really have a GCSE equivalent :smile:

Wow cool! Congrats again!

Quick Reply

Latest