The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arenaCPP
I Just got a conditional from UCL for Computer Science. I'm an International Student (Italy) and they want 95% in the Italian Final High School Exam (Esame di Stato), and pass Mathematics with 14/15.

I'm litterally over the moon :biggrin:

Just curious, do you have any contests/exp in the area that helped you get an offer?

I've applied 2.5 months now (CompSci too!) and I got exactly 95% average, it's killing me that I'm walking that fine line between admissions and rejections.:frown::frown: If I knew I'd apply for UK I'd have studied so much more x_x
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Still waiting to hear back for law...
Original post by emanueladiana
Just curious, do you have any contests/exp in the area that helped you get an offer?

I've applied 2.5 months now (CompSci too!) and I got exactly 95% average, it's killing me that I'm walking that fine line between admissions and rejections.:frown::frown: If I knew I'd apply for UK I'd have studied so much more x_x

I'm actually attening the last year of a Technical High School (ITIS) with specialization in Informatics and I also deepened my knowledge of programming languages like C++ (expecially focused on graphics frameworks) on my own, so I think this helped.

(Are you italian too? :biggrin: )
Original post by Hhassan66
Lool it was alright wbu?

I thought it was pretty cool. Nerded out a bit. :tongue:
I'm actually attening the last year of a Technical High School (ITIS) with specialization in Informatics and I also deepened my knowledge of programming languages like C++ (expecially focused on graphics frameworks) on my own, so I think this helped.

(Are you italian too? :biggrin: )

Nope, Romanian, after being confused for Italian 2 times on tsr I put it on my profile.:smile:)

You didn't study C++ in high school at all, or just studied it more at home? I've graduated with the same specialization in Romanian terms:biggrin:

I'm pretty sure they put me 'aside' in the backup pile to see if the places for the course fill in quickly enough or not.
Original post by Hudl
Offer for chem eng!

i have one also. are you going to be living in student houses?
Original post by emanueladiana
Nope, Romanian, after being confused for Italian 2 times on tsr I put it on my profile.:smile:)

You didn't study C++ in high school at all, or just studied it more at home? I've graduated with the same specialization in Romanian terms:biggrin:

I'm pretty sure they put me 'aside' in the backup pile to see if the places for the course fill in quickly enough or not.

Oh, sorry for the mistake :colondollar:

A girl, friend of mine, who also received a conditional from UCL for Mathematics (98% overall score and 15/15 in Mathematics) is from Romania too :biggrin:

I studied C++ (as well as Java and PHP) at school, but I studied it more in depth at home.

Hope your application goes well and that we'll meet there at UCL :biggrin:
Original post by wnee-hee
Applied medical science :smile: you?

Biological science :biggrin:
Original post by MickeyL0912
Biological science :biggrin:

Close enough :smile:
Anyone applied for accommodation yet?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1290
Original post by Rifleboy123
Guys, I've got an offer for Computer Science (A*AA) and my Oxford offer is the same (except specifying Maths/FMaths for A*). What are the chances that I can insurance UCL and get in with one grade less? My other top insurance option is Kings (AAB) but I'd like UCL a lot more. I hate this UCAS system :frown:

You won't miss A*AA...
Hey everybody!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/744402085674554/

Made a Facebook group for people who are off to the Bartlett. Could be cool to see who's going, and what's what!

If the link doesn't work then search for: Bartlett Architecture '18
A*A* Offer for maths.
Does anyone know how likely it is to be living relatively close to the uni in 2nd year and after, because I'm currently working at Imperial College and I have to live bloody miles away to be able to afford anything.
Oh, sorry for the mistake :colondollar:

A girl, friend of mine, who also received a conditional from UCL for Mathematics (98% overall score and 15/15 in Mathematics) is from Romania too :biggrin:

I studied C++ (as well as Java and PHP) at school, but I studied it more in depth at home.

Hope your application goes well and that we'll meet there at UCL :biggrin:

Thanks, good luck with the exams!:smile:
Original post by flmr44
Still waiting to hear back for law...

me too, it's complete jokes having to wait so long to hear back, when did you apply?
Offer for mechanical engineering, SO HAPPYYYY :smile:
Reply 1296
Original post by Economics736
Anyone waiting or received an offer for Statistics Economics and Finance ?

Got my offer yday, have you heard from them yet?
Reply 1297
Got an offer for straight economics yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 1298
Original post by karaw
Got an offer for straight economics yesterday :biggrin:

Very nice, what were your as results like & UMS scores?
Original post by TVIO
You won't miss A*AA...

Well at least one of us has faith in me; thanks! :') I'd hate to come so close to achieving this dream to fail now. Heck, I'd rather have a rejection than miss my offer :L I know A*AA should be relatively easy compared to Imperial/Cambridge offers but I'm still terrified haha :P

Quick Reply

Latest