The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought the Acos(2pift) equation could be used all the time?
Reply 961
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
I thought the Acos(2pift) equation could be used all the time?

If when t=0 it's at the equilibrium position you use sin not cos :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baes is there a list of all the experiments we should know? Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
The specimen paper for this topic is extremely difficult compared to the past papers. Apparently all of ocr papers in sciences have increased in difficulty :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Exaltation
Baes is there a list of all the experiments we should know? Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Specifically Brownian Motion and Specific Heat Capacity; I believe that's it?

Edit: SHM Interpretation if you want to count that
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 965
fml hopefully this paper will go better than the f324 exam everyone's come crying out of :frown: wth are you doin OCR urgh
Best way to prepare for physics is to make up the toughest calculation question you can make up lool dunno it helps me
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Specifically Brownian Motion and Specific Heat Capacity; I believe that's it?

Edit: SHM Interpretation if you want to count that

Not just the interpretation you need to know the whole experiement (Have a look at June 11)
Original post by MathsAddict
Best way to prepare for physics is to make up the toughest calculation question you can make up lool dunno it helps me

How do you know what the right answer is though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 969
Hey, what's the experiment for shm?
Original post by ashy97
Hey, what's the experiment for shm?

Check June 11 mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not just the interpretation you need to know the whole experiement (Have a look at June 11)

I know but aside from something moving up and down what's more to know? The rest is interpreting/using knowledge of the theory :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
How do you know what the right answer is though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make sure you know how to solve it XD infact let me make up questions for people as i do my revision.
Make sure you know how to solve it XD infact let me make up questions for people as i do my revision.

Thanks m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 974
Think there might be one to show the effects of damping on a system?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone explain to me why time period is independent of amplitude for SHM? Thanks
Original post by gothmog827
can anyone explain to me why time period is independent of amplitude for SHM? Thanks

From my understanding it is to the fact that the greater the amplitude, the faster it moves, meaning that overall frequency will always be constant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 978
Got 41 on the June 2014 paper which was actually an A as it is a hard paper, feeling confident about this exam now. What is likely to come up?
Original post by Jmw123
Got 41 on the June 2014 paper which was actually an A as it is a hard paper, feeling confident about this exam now. What is likely to come up?

Where did you get the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending