OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015 Watch

Makashima
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
attempted the june 2014 paper on wed as a mock, wow oh wow :L pretty hard so likely maybe this year itd be easier?!
MO2898
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Makashima)
attempted the june 2014 paper on wed as a mock, wow oh wow :L pretty hard so likely maybe this year itd be easier?!
Doubt it, I think when students are doing well enough on a certain type of question in a paper they just stop adding it, and replace it with something we're less familiar/comfortable with. It has evidently happened in maths as well. Also, G485 is the pinnacle of A level physics so if anything they'd probably make it more demanding than the others, and previous G485's

Posted from TSR Mobile
pnaidu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
They were uploaded on the second page of this thread, post 37.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers man, thankyou so much!
MO2898
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Doubt it, I think when students are doing well enough on a certain type of question in a paper they just stop adding it, and replace it with something we're less familiar/comfortable with. It has evidently happened in maths as well. Also, G485 is the pinnacle of A level physics so if anything they'd probably make it more demanding than the others, and previous G485's

By the way, what was your answer for 'the half life of a proton' in one of the 2014 questions? I remember writing "the time taken for the activity of a group of unstable protons to fall to half of the original activity" but apparently that's not correct :/ that question was a joke, as were 40% of the questions in that paper IMO.
Makashima
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MO2898)

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks, u ruin my dream xD lololol
but damn this exam has many unit 4 stuff
im not sure if it is same in the other unit 5 exams cos so far i only attempted 3 papers of unit 5
Elcor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really not enjoying G485, the tedious questions and strict mark schemes take the joy out of physics
Tom102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
Really not enjoying G485, the tedious questions and strict mark schemes take the joy out of physics
Agreed, the mark scheme's for both modules last year were a joke.
Alex621
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still haven't finished learning the second module lmao we basically have to teach ourselves the medical section because we're so behind :mad:
Absent Agent
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AlexParmenter)
Still haven't finished learning the second module lmao we basically have to teach ourselves the medical section because we're so behind :mad:
Even we are so behind that's why i stopped attending my lessons from last week and I've been learning the last content myself. I don't have the time now to take the bus and go there and wait until everybody is ready so that teacher can teach and get the bus again on the way back. Lol
Self taught is difficult but it's worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alex621
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
Even we are so behind that's why i stopped attending my lessons from last week and I've been learning the last content myself. I don't have the time now to take the bus and go there and wait until everybody is ready so that teacher can teach and get the bus again on the way back. Lol
Self taught is difficult but it's worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly the same with me! It's the only lesson I have each day and the teacher is always late to the lessons, my time is much better spend teaching myself at home.
Mr_Cupcakes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are everyone's predictions on the long answer questions this year? The rutherford one hasn't come up in a while right?
Shabz12357876877
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can someone please help me on this question i just cant understand this? june 2011 paper question 5 a why is the force acting down?? the current is the right and field is to the top of the paper (perpindicular) so why the **** is the force down? it should be up!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? i hate not understanding stuff
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Shabz12357876877)
can someone please help me on this question i just cant understand this? june 2011 paper question 5 a why is the force acting down?? the current is the right and field is to the top of the paper (perpindicular) so why the **** is the force down? it should be up!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? i hate not understanding stuff
Can you take a pic?

Are you using left hand

Is it current or electron flow
Mr_Cupcakes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shabz12357876877)
Ok so Fleming's left hand rule:

First finger field: the direction of this is given by the arrows in the diagram.
Second finger current: I have a feeling this is where you're going wrong, conventional current is in the opposite direction to electron flow; so whereas electrons would flow clockwise the conventional current flow is anti-clockwise (from X to Y)

Obviously the thumb then gives motion, which would be downwards.

Hope this helps
randlemcmurphy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any chance anybody could help me with all of Question 4, please?
http://fizx.wdfiles.com/local--files...%202824%29.pdf

The markscheme doesn't make sense to me, I can't visualize it.
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have the G485 June 2014 mark scheme but not the paper because my teacher accidentally uploaded the mark scheme twice but names one of them the paper but it's not :P. I'll upload the mark scheme if you guys want. I will also upload the paper as soon as I get my hands on it.
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here you go this is the mark scheme, please rep and follow DD
Attached files
Alex621
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sagar448)
I have the G485 June 2014 mark scheme but not the paper because my teacher accidentally uploaded the mark scheme twice but names one of them the paper but it's not :P. I'll upload the mark scheme if you guys want. I will also upload the paper as soon as I get my hands on it.
Here's the paper
Attached files
fernmaddison
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi can anyone tell me how much detail I need to know about the specification point the universe after 10-43 seconds
There's just so much detail in some books
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fernmaddison)
Hi can anyone tell me how much detail I need to know about the specification point the universe after 10-43 seconds
There's just so much detail in some books
I'm quite sure that you don't need to remember the timing but you do need to know something like this:

- At the start is was very hot and dense
-All forces were united
-expansion led to cooling
-quarks and leptons (soup)
-more matter than antimatter
-quarks combine to form hadrons
-atoms form
-eventually cools to 3k.

This is very general but this is the type of information you need to know.

Please rep if you like the answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?