The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

what is definition for 1 parsec?
Reply 1181
Original post by chem@uni
what is question?

If capacitors of different capacitance were in parallel would they still discharge at the same rate. Or because the current through them is different the one with the greater capacitance discharges faster?
Original post by buxtonarmy
Thanks bro so how would I do 4bi on this paper? It's similar and I still struggle

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/65365-question-paper-unit-g485-fields-particles-and-frontiers-of-physics.pdf

0.15 x speed of light

Use the change in wavelength formula
Reply 1183

distance that gives a parallax angle of 1arcsecons

The distance from the baseline of 1AU that subtends an angle of 1 arc second.
Original post by kate8
If capacitors of different capacitance were in parallel would they still discharge at the same rate. Or because the current through them is different the one with the greater capacitance discharges faster?

Where RxC the resistance will decrease if put in parallel.... hence the time constant increases this means that the rate of change of V,Q or I must decrease as a larger time to fall to 1/e of its initial value hence the initial rate of discharge will decrease

Oops sorry thought you said resistance, capacitors work the same way, if put in parallel, total capacitance increases to larger time constant same explanation
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jamesbird18
Can somebody please help me? If we get a question that involves,say a proton moving from left to right would you say the current is moving left to right or not? Could alter any answer using FLHR thats all

The current flows in the same direction as the protons and opposite to electrons.
Original post by Chung224
Where RxC the resistance will decrease if put in parallel.... hence the time constant increases this means that the rate of change of V,Q or I must decrease as a larger time to fall to 1/e of its initial value hence the initial rate of discharge will decrease

that makes no sense to me
Original post by ForgottenApple
that makes no sense to me

Which part bro? :smile:
Can someone explain how I got from
s-1 Hubbles constant to
kms-1 Mpc-1

The distance that gives a stellar parallax 1 second of arc.
Original post by ETRC
-intensifier absorbs x-rays by photographic film
-scintillator is used as an intensifier
-scintillator converts x-ray photon into many photons of visible light
-photons of visible light releases electrons so a lower exposure time to x-rays is needed
-gives a sharper images

Hey do you know which has greater energy - a pair production x ray or a compton effect x ray?
Can someone explain how I got from
s-1 Hubbles constant to
kms-1 Mpc-1

Still on 2010?
Original post by Chung224

Oops sorry thought you said resistance, capacitors work the same way, if put in parallel, total capacitance increases to larger time constant same explanation

If the resistance decreases shouldn't the time constant...?
Original post by nothepreacher
Hey do you know which has greater energy - a pair production x ray or a compton effect x ray?

pair production x-ray has the highest frequency, E= hf so id say the pair production x-ray
Original post by Smug Life
Still on 2010?

What do you mean?
Original post by randlemcmurphy
If the resistance decreases shouldn't the time constant...?

yeah thats what i was thinking: t is proportional to C and R so if C decreases so much t
could someone show me what a good drawing is for the definition of a parsec? (has the sun, earth, star, AU in!)
Reply 1198
Original post by nothepreacher

pair production is highest- they involve high energy x-rays being released

then its compton

photoelectrons from photoelectric have least energy

my brain hurts now from revising for 7 hours with a 30min break -.-
Original post by stargazer678
could someone show me what a good drawing is for the definition of a parsec? (has the sun, earth, star, AU in!)

June 2013 Q10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending