I am so ****ed for this exam.
Same, more so for G482 and maths C4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr_Cupcakes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We have a whole month left till this exam, it's a glorified memory test. Keep calm and revise and you'll all be fine.
BecauseFP
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by randlemcmurphy)
1) If you have the official A2 guide, I would just remember everything about mass spectrometry the book offers. Alternatively, this may be useful.

2) I have come across the same issues as you. I know the exact question you are talking about, it is about a students suggestion. I think I have the reason my teacher gave me as to why in my notes. I will try and find it for you.
Any luck with #2?
q1147996060
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
could you please tell me the link of june 2014 physics g485 paper?
TheGeneral95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do we need that r=mE/QBB equation for the exam ?
MO2898
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheGeneral95)
Do we need that r=mE/QBB equation for the exam ?
It's not necessary to memorise that because there are marks for deriving it:

In a magnetic field the force due to the field (F=Bqv) causes the centripetal force (F=mv^2/r)

Equating the two and cancelling gives Bqr = mv

Therefore r = mv/Bq
MO2898
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Cupcakes)
We have a whole month left till this exam, it's a glorified memory test. Keep calm and revise and you'll all be fine.
If you don't have 12 papers prior to it that is :/
Tiwa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could someone please explain to me why the mass of a nucleus is less than the mass of it constituent nucleons?
Absent Agent
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tiwa)
Could someone please explain to me why the mass of a nucleus is less than the mass of it constituent nucleons?
To split the nucleus into its constituent nucleons, energy is required to overcome the strong nuclear force between its nucleons. As a result this energy is the work done on the constituent nucleons. Since energy and mass are equivalent according to E=mc2, this energy (work done), has an equivalent amount of mass that is added to the mass of the constituent nucleons because work was done on the nucleons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tiwa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
To split the nucleus into its constituent nucleons, energy is required to overcome the strong nuclear force between its nucleons. As a result this energy is the work done on the constituent nucleons. Since energy and mass are equivalent according to E=mc2, this energy (work done), has an equivalent amount of mass that is added to the mass of the constituent nucleons because work was done on the nucleons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you!
Mr_Cupcakes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MO2898)
If you don't have 12 papers prior to it that is :/
Hahaha touché, who knows maybe my post was me just trying to convince myself that I'll be okay

By the way I've been finding these power points useful as additional information to the Physics 2 textbook my school gave us, might help someone else out too: http://www.st-ambrosecollege.org.uk/...sics-a2-level/
MO2898
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hahaha touché, who knows maybe my post was me just trying to convince myself that I'll be okay

By the way I've been finding these power points useful as additional information to the Physics 2 textbook my school gave us, might help someone else out too: http://www.st-ambrosecollege.org.uk/...sics-a2-level/
If it works, why not!
TheGeneral95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When the coil is parallel to the field how on earth is theta 90 degrees ? What have I missed :erm:
Attached files
Elcor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheGeneral95)
When the coil is parallel to the field how on earth is theta 90 degrees ? What have I missed :erm:
theta is from the normal of the coil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr_Cupcakes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
theta is from the normal of the coil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure, but EMF= the rate of change of magnetic flux linkage, the rate of change of is greatest when the coil is parallel to the field.
MO2898
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure, but EMF= the rate of change of magnetic flux linkage, the rate of change of is greatest when the coil is parallel to the field.
Sorry ignore my previous reply, that's correct. If you imagine a graph of flux linkage against time (sinosudal wave) the gradient will be maximum when flux linkage is zero I.e. when cosθ=0 i.e when coil and field are parallel
Theman69
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got the 2014 paper?
pnaidu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey, can anyone send me the g484 and g485 2014 papers and mark schemes, please? I'm self teaching so I have no access to these papers your help would be much appreciated! hows everyone feeling?
Absent Agent
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pnaidu)
hey, can anyone send me the g484 and g485 2014 papers and mark schemes, please? I'm self teaching so I have no access to these papers your help would be much appreciated! hows everyone feeling?
They were uploaded on the second page of this thread, post 37.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.6%
The paper was reasonable (1164)
54.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (461)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.25%

Watched Threads