La musique française! Watch

mica-lwe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi
could anyone suggest some good french musicians to listen to? I prefer RnB and rap but listen to other things as well, trying to improve my french!
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
WeaselMcCloud
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, sorry if this response is a bit late!
My teacher showed us a band which I really like called Sexion d'assaut which you might have heard of, they're a rap group with songs like avant qu'elle parte.
Khaled is really good, although he's actually Arabic and but does sing every so often in French. He belongs to the Rai genre.
Superbus are a bit older I think, but good on the Alternative rock side.
Indila was top of the charts for a little while and I really, really like her music. I think SOS is the best one.
Stromae is obviously great, papaoutai, formidable, alors on danse.
Sorry if you've heard of all of these, hope I could help!
tom_giles1997
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
French Pop music has a bit of a reputation of being a bit drivel.. but saying that there are some great French artists out there. I would recommend MC Solaar if you like rap it will be up your street. Also French rappers of North African origin like La Fouine are good too as it brings their own cultural styles into their music. Hope this helps
Muhaha_6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stromae all the way!

There are other artists who are also really good but stromae is just amazing (in my opinion) Listen to papaoutai, formidable, alors on danse and tous les meme

Posted from TSR Mobile
littlevictoriaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yup definitely Stromae, and Joyce Jonathan, Ben L'Oncle Soul, Keen'V (Dis Moi Oui), Khaled (C'est la Vie), Bella (Maitre Gims), Raphael (Caravane)
mica-lwe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks looks like this will help a lot!
Vionar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's also Zaz, Zazie, Coeur de Pirate, Christophe Maé
Nijuuninichi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you ever heard of Oldelaf? He tends to do comedic songs, but he sings quite clearly so it's easy to understand!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (254)
39.08%
No - but I will (45)
6.92%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (304)
46.77%

Watched Threads