Managing Knee Problems Watch

Ghandia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, this is both sports/gym related and I was hoping someone might be able to advise me!

I'm currently active 6 days a week (Football on Wednesday/Sunday, Lifting Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).

My problem is that I always end up having knee pain after I play football, the pain lasts 2-3 days and hurts to the extent that it ruins my leg days (friday) and to a lesser extend my back day (tuesday). This pain is only noticeable when lifting and for a few hours after I play.

I was hoping someone in a similar situation would be able to give me some tips on how to either reduce the impact football has on my knees, or how to decrease my recovery time.

Thanks!
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds like you have a problem that you need to take time to let rest and recover- as in don't do anything that annoys it for a while. Not sure anyone can give you more precise advice because it is a medical issue. Ask you GP if you can get sent to a physio.
Ghandia
Rep:
?
Thanks for the input, I'm starting to feel like I do need to see a physio.

On the resting front, I have had a couple of weeks off both football and lower body training recently due to picking up a minor knock on my leg in a match. When I went back to my routine the knee pain resumed immediately so I'm thinking I might need to see someone about it!
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ghandia)
Thanks for the input, I'm starting to feel like I do need to see a physio.

On the resting front, I have had a couple of weeks off both football and lower body training recently due to picking up a minor knock on my leg in a match. When I went back to my routine the knee pain resumed immediately so I'm thinking I might need to see someone about it!
Yeah, if just rest isn't enough then there might be some rehab stuff you need to be doing and you'll only get that from proper assessment and qualified advice
SEHughes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bet you don't do full squats.
Ghandia
Rep:
?
I go just below parallel which in itself is a long distance for me (6 foot 5 with disproportionately long legs :L).

When I go a few weeks without football my knees are fine when squatting, so I think my pain during leg day is the result of my knee pain rather than the cause.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads