FREYA2898
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am not sure why this patient would suffer with pains in abdomen, loss of weight due to having extremely small Golgi apparatus.
Also, suggest why lack of sufficient intrinsic proteins on the plasma membrane might cause a patient fatigue.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FREYA2898)
I am not sure why this patient would suffer with pains in abdomen, loss of weight due to having extremely small Golgi apparatus.
Also, suggest why lack of sufficient intrinsic proteins on the plasma membrane might cause a patient fatigue.
Moved to Biology :hat2:
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ah I haven't done this in ages so I'm sorry if I'm mistaken.

But maybe the lack of intrinsic proteins could also mean less metabolic enzymes, and thus less respiration takes place (and since respiration=energy) that'll mean the patient has no energy and is fatigued.

I'm not sure about the Golgi apparatus. Is there any more information provided?
Shadoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If there is a lack of intrinsic proteins then it means the uptake of molecules such as glycerol are reduced which could affect the process of glycolysis and therefore energy levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.63%
Okay (119)
29.38%
A bit lacking (154)
38.02%
Not good at all (93)
22.96%

Watched Threads