Cellular problems.. Help Watch

FREYA2898
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am not sure why this patient would suffer with pains in abdomen, loss of weight due to having extremely small Golgi apparatus.
Also, suggest why lack of sufficient intrinsic proteins on the plasma membrane might cause a patient fatigue.
john_jomcy98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FREYA2898)
I am not sure why this patient would suffer with pains in abdomen, loss of weight due to having extremely small Golgi apparatus.
Also, suggest why lack of sufficient intrinsic proteins on the plasma membrane might cause a patient fatigue.
For the first one, I'm not too sure, but I guess, small Golgi Apparatus results in less digestive enzymes produced (since enzymes are made in the Golgi body). Less digestive enzyme=less break down of large insoluble substances= less uptake of the small soluble substances. Also I guess if you have lots of large insoluble substances in your abdomen= the pressure will cause pains.
Feel free to correct me anyone, since I only used my novice knowledge and collaborated them all.

However for the second one, I believe that due to lack of intrinsic proteins, the rate of facilitated diffusion of substances, such as Glucose, across the plasma membrane decreases, and is unable to be transported across quickly.
Remember, Glucose is one of the reactants for Aerobic Respiration, which produces energy (in form of ATP).

Therefore, less glucose=lower rate of aerobic respiration= less energy/ATP output= Fatigue.

Hope this helps. If I were you, I'll ask a few other people, just to be sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads