Extra Reading Watch

ZoeJames_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of books or websites that can help further my understanding of A level physics.

We keep getting told at college to do some wider reading but a lot of the books I've come across are either too advanced or too simplistic.

Any ideas?
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZoeJames_)
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of books or websites that can help further my understanding of A level physics.

We keep getting told at college to do some wider reading but a lot of the books I've come across are either too advanced or too simplistic.

Any ideas?
I have some useful PDFs on mechanics and electronics; i could upload them if you like.

They are slightly more advanced than A-Level, but they are very useful.
ZoeJames_
Rep:
?
(Original post by nebelbon)
I have some useful PDFs on mechanics and electronics; i could upload them if you like.

They are slightly more advanced than A-Level, but they are very useful.
I'd really appreciate that!
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd really appreciate that!
They are notes from an online MOOC course from MIT. You should check out edX. I've done numerous courses on there and they have all benefited me.

They are too large to upload. PM me an email address (make a new one if you like) and i will email them.
ZoeJames_
Rep:
?
(Original post by nebelbon)
They are notes from an online MOOC course from MIT. You should check out edX. I've done numerous courses on there and they have all benefited me.

They are too large to upload. PM me an email address (make a new one if you like) and i will email them.
It says you need to clear some space in your message quota before I can send one
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It says you need to clear some space in your message quota before I can send one
I've cleared some space; it does fill up rather quickly - and there is no warning that it is full.
vekril
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should check out the Feynman lectures on physics. Just pick out a couple chapters that are relevant to your syllabus as they're explained in a really accessible way.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vekril)
You should check out the Feynman lectures on physics. Just pick out a couple chapters that are relevant to your syllabus as they're explained in a really accessible way.
Agreed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads