Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ok, well, it's not necessarily Labour, but at the very least Miliband:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29857849

So, after helping to block a reform to the Lord which would have the same effect he now wishes to completely scrap it. The reasoning for this is that it, allegedly, is unfair on most of the UK given how many Lords are from London, I have to question how they define where they're from but that's largely irrelevant. What this means is that the people in most of the rest of the country aren't having their views heard. Surely that's a problem with the Lords as a whole? Do those Lords in London mean that the views of the people in London are having their way?

He also seems to have made a U-turn on the whole English votes for English laws business that he seemed so opposed to after the Scottish referendum, now deciding he does want a convention about English devolution.

The article has changed since I first read it as I recall reading a £30bn cost figure when I first read it, where's that coming from? Taxing the people [read poor] harder? Making cuts? Or, I should think far more likely, a larger deficit.
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So why isnt 't this titled 'Miliband's latest hairbrained scheme and U-turn' then :rolleyes:
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr...)
So why isnt 't this titled 'Miliband's latest hairbrained scheme and U-turn' then :rolleyes:
Because that's less likely to draw as much attention
And Ed claims to be talking on behalf of the party, rather than just airing his own views.
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Because that's less likely to draw as much attention
And Ed claims to be talking on behalf of the party, rather than just airing his own views.

Touché, I was really bothered by the actual action he's taking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.51%
No - but I will (19)
5.67%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.36%

Watched Threads