Paying tuition fees without loan. Watch

eroseusslf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it so I'll ask here...

I previously studied a foundation year and one term of an undergraduate degree. I then left due to personal reasons. I am hoping to go back to university in 2015 or 2016.

After speaking with Student Finance England, I am aware that I will have to pay for my first year myself (Course + one year - any previous years).

Does anyone know of any other ways to pay for the first year tuition fee?

(A little about me: single, no dependents, live alone, employed, parents income isn't taken into account, hoping to study medicine.)

Thanks for the help.
eroseusslf
Rep:
?
Bump
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You either get a loan or pay yourself. You can't get a loan. Where's the problem,

Posted from TSR Mobile
eroseusslf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
You either get a loan or pay yourself. You can't get a loan. Where's the problem,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm asking if anyone knows a way of getting the £9k other than through Student Finance England. I live alone and just about earn that in a year, there is no way I can save that much.

I don't have a credit rating, so I can't take out a normal loan. For example, are there independent student loan companies, or something like that?
SLC Official Repayment Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello eroseusslf,

If we are unable to provide you with the Tuition Fee Loan then you may be able to apply for a Professional & Career Development Loan.

http://bit.ly/1muwFJR

Thanks
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eroseusslf)
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it so I'll ask here...

I previously studied a foundation year and one term of an undergraduate degree. I then left due to personal reasons. I am hoping to go back to university in 2015 or 2016.

After speaking with Student Finance England, I am aware that I will have to pay for my first year myself (Course + one year - any previous years).

Does anyone know of any other ways to pay for the first year tuition fee?

(A little about me: single, no dependents, live alone, employed, parents income isn't taken into account, hoping to study medicine.)

Thanks for the help.
Hi There

You would be expected to self fund your tuition fees for the first year.

You can check with your university with regards to other funding you may be able to apply for from them. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (557)
37.79%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.42%

Watched Threads