I hate Sixth Form but I don't have any options. Watch

asp_ios
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been at my school's Sixth Form for just about 2 months now, and I absolutely hate it. I asked a few weeks ago if I could go to a different Sixth Form, but I was met with a resounding no. I don't particularly enjoy my subjects, I guess they're okay but it's not what I'd choose to study if I had the choice. Is there anything I can really do here?
sourlemon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asp_ios)
I've been at my school's Sixth Form for just about 2 months now, and I absolutely hate it. I asked a few weeks ago if I could go to a different Sixth Form, but I was met with a resounding no. I don't particularly enjoy my subjects, I guess they're okay but it's not what I'd choose to study if I had the choice. Is there anything I can really do here?
I'm in year 13 and I hate 6th form...I hated it in Year 12 as well and as a result didn't do very well in my AS Levels. I live out in the country though and my schools 6th form was basically the only option

It's probably not too late to apply to a college though, you can usually study A Levels at them as well. Maybe you can check their website or phone them up to see what's available? In my school people were dropping out of sixth form till about December, but it's a bit different for your year because you have to stay in education till you're 17; so you'll have to have something sorted out before you leave. There are other options such as paid apprenticeships, some of which have a later start date and it's not too late to apply. (http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/)

what would you want to study if you had the choice?
asp_ios
Rep:
?
I'd study English Language, Law and Music if I had a choice. I'm not allowed to leave either, so I guess I kinda have to stick it out even though I really don't see the point.
sourlemon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asp_ios)
I'd study English Language, Law and Music if I had a choice. I'm not allowed to leave either, so I guess I kinda have to stick it out even though I really don't see the point.

Yeah I couldn't do all the A levels I wanted to either, I wanted to do English language but the school didn't offer it so I had to do literature. Hate it lol. who says you're not allowed to leave though? AFAIK you're not legally obliged to stay... But I guess If you still hate it by the end of the year you can leave then, but hopefully it'll get better as you go Why do you hate it so much though?
asp_ios
Rep:
?
My parents say that I have to stay. It's because I've already been there 5 years and the school have messed me around a lot in the past. I don't feel comfortable there, don't have many friends, the people who bullied me are there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads