Russell Brand yay or nay? Watch

samthemiller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYsv...QNdrFRrr8oibKw

Nice guy? Good ideas? What do you guys think of him?
Buxtonwater
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think he's brilliant and hilarious, saying that I don't agree with his political beliefs in the slightest.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's okay.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As I believe I've already said, I think his heart is absolutely in the right place but his brain unfortunately isn't! He has said some wonderful things and I do think he's an intelligent man, but I don't think he's really doing a lot to help his cause.
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When he's trying to be funny, yes.

Other than that, no.
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay. He's quick to discuss the problems of our political system without offering any actual solutions. It's all good and well telling us to revolt against the capitalist system, but then what? Is he seeking communist ends like Marx was? I really don't know because he offers so few specifics.
samthemiller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Reluire)
Nay. He's quick to discuss the problems of our political system without offering any actual solutions. It's all good and well telling us to revolt against the capitalist system, but then what? Is he seeking communist ends like Marx was? I really don't know because he offers so few specifics.
He does make politics seem a bit sexier to people who would otherwise not vote/voice their opinions though.

(Original post by Buxtonwater)
I think he's brilliant and hilarious, saying that I don't agree with his political beliefs in the slightest.
This is my feeling.
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samthemiller)
He does make politics seem a bit sexier to people who would otherwise not vote/voice their opinions though.
Perhaps, but if he had things his way, people wouldn't vote at all - so he's not really doing politics much justice.
The_Last_Melon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only thing I like about him is that he has sympathy for the lower classes. I do not like his overly flirtatious and hedonistic attitude. I also do not believe that he was a heroin addict, I think he has made this stuff up for his own reasons.
JennyEvergreen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
park
SerLorasTyrell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yay, he's a genius

Posted from TSR Mobile
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Charismatic idiot.

Overall, nay.
Harvey Dent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find him unbelievably irritating, same as Alan Carr and Ricky Gervais. If I was in any position to put them to death, I would.
President Putin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's a complete idiot. I don't understand why he has a platform in the media for his views. Genuinely no clue.
UniMastermindBOSS
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Harvey Dent)
I find him unbelievably irritating, same as Alan Carr and Ricky Gervais. If I was in any position to put them to death, I would.
That's harsh.

At least Ricky Gervais has brought us many great things like Extras and Karl Pilkington. Russel Brand on the other hand has contributed nothing and I don't find him funny at all.

There are even some comediennes who have made me laugh more than him.
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like him, he's reasonably articulate and does offer up some interesting debates sometimes. I think if anyone else said what he says, they'd be loved for it but because it's Russell Brand in particular it doesn't sit well with people
Harvey Dent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
That's harsh.

At least Ricky Gervais has brought us many great things like Extras and Karl Pilkington. Russel Brand on the other hand has contributed nothing and I don't find him funny at all.

There are even some comediennes who have made me laugh more than him.
People aren't harsh enough nowadays.
I can't agree on the Gervais issue though, I guess it's just differing tastes.
I agree with you on the comediennes point. You can throw Miranda Hart and Jo Brand in the back of the truck with the rest of them.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very much nay.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He looks like he stinks. And not in the good way.
tomfailinghelp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Absolutely not

The only defence people provide is that he makes politics sexy for ordinary folk, but does he really?

Is saying 'hurr durr **** the middle class elite controlling us they're evil and we need a timey wimey spiritual revolution' really politics in any significant sense?

He's turning people away, if anything, because he's providing them with a narrative to latch on to with which they can just dismiss political critique. He is a mess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.44%
No - but I will (61)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.51%

Watched Threads