Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollywooddreamer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really informative! There was a talk from a grad student who did his undergrad at lanc and he basically talked about student life at the uni. And then there was a talk from a biomed department lecturer and she talked about why you would want to come there and she pointed out that the department of "faculty of health and medicine" is ranked 3rd in the UK for its research! Which is amazing!! Then the parents and applicants were separated and we were taken see the sciency lecture halls and library, but we only saw 1 room- superior ensuite in fylde college which was really nice and the wetroom wasnt bad at all :smile: then we talked to current students and then filled out a questionaire and went home :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by robpara08
Yeh I did also got offer from Leicester and birmingham. Don't know which to go for though? Lancaster is the higher ranked but less established law school then birmingham and Leicester I believe. Lancaster seems pretty isolated from the rest of the uk? Any insights on uni life at Lancaster?

dude you applied to same unis as me haha and definitely Lancaster! (loved it after the applicant day) however, it depends on what you're looking for: if you're looking for a great vibrant city lifestyle then either birmingham or Leicester is the way to go, if you're looking for a balance between social and academic life then Lancaster is great for you. initially, I thought Lancaster was actually isolated but to my realisation it isn't. you just have to go see for yourself but my taste could be different to yours :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imaanicus
Congratulations thats amazing! Are you going to take it or go somewhere else?

I went to Lancaster on Wednesday and I decided I am definitely going somewhere else. It might be an insurance, I haven't decided yet. :smile:. What about you?
Reply 303
Original post by BethMi
I'm going to firm my place doing BSc Geography.. I know it's not quite what you asked but no one seems to be doing Geography on here!

Hey! I know - there are obviously not many geographers on the student room :tongue: I firmed my place on Monday! What are you thinking in terms of accommodation? :smile:
Is anyone looking for a room in off campus accommodation to move into ASAP? Double room available, message me if you're interested or know of anyone looking
Reply 305
Original post by hjb2
Hey! I know - there are obviously not many geographers on the student room :tongue: I firmed my place on Monday! What are you thinking in terms of accommodation? :smile:

I was thinking about going for the superior standard in County 'cause it looks really nice and I don't care about sharing bathrooms..I already have to share with 5! I not sure though, you?
Reply 306
Original post by BethMi
I was thinking about going for the superior standard in County 'cause it looks really nice and I don't care about sharing bathrooms..I already have to share with 5! I not sure though, you?

Yeah, County looks nice :smile: I am thinking either Grizedale townhouse or superior ensuite.. not sure yet! Before the visit day, I hadn't even thought about going for a townhouse but I liked it when we looked around :smile: Still got a while to decide though, luckily!
Reply 307
Hi guys, I have a conditional offer for accounting and finance. I havent visited Lancaster yet, but i am planning to.

Would anyone be willing to share what they liked about lancaster when the visited and what they didnt like? :smile:
Reply 308
Original post by tgurl
Hi guys, I have a conditional offer for accounting and finance. I havent visited Lancaster yet, but i am planning to.

Would anyone be willing to share what they liked about lancaster when the visited and what they didnt like? :smile:

Hi I'm also applying for accounting and finance , I visited lancaster in the summer and really liked the campus I didn't have time to look round lancaster itself but I've heard good things :smile:
There wasn't much I didn't like
Reply 309
Original post by k3marty
Hi I'm also applying for accounting and finance , I visited lancaster in the summer and really liked the campus I didn't have time to look round lancaster itself but I've heard good things :smile:
There wasn't much I didn't like

Oh cool, thats great to hear! Are you going to put Lancaster as your firm or insurance choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 310
Original post by tgurl
Oh cool, thats great to hear! Are you going to put Lancaster as our firm or insurance choice?

Firm choice I think :smile: Where are you thinking of firming ?
Reply 311
Original post by k3marty
Firm choice I think :smile: Where are you thinking of firming ?

I still have no idea atm, still confused as to which to put as my firm choice. I applied to Lancaster, Portsmouth, Sheffied, UEA and Kent.
Reply 312
Original post by Menakshelatte
anyone else holding an offer for chemical engineering?

I am, have you been/going to an applicant day? I'm going on the 7th March, they have only just finished building a new engineering department.. So should be pretty interesting.
Reply 313
is it compulsory to go?

I'm worried i'm going to have to spend too much money on travelling.

No it's not compulsary, I'm only going so it can help me decide on my choices. And I know, travelling is expensive. I'm having to fly up from devon.
is it compulsory to go?

I'm worried i'm going to have to spend too much money on travelling.

lol, I live in Aberdeen and I'm going down on the 7th.

Surely, no where is further away than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gro96
I am, have you been/going to an applicant day? I'm going on the 7th March, they have only just finished building a new engineering department.. So should be pretty interesting.

I'll see you there then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol I live in london.
my parents aren't economically well off, so i can't spend on these things.

I would love to, but i can't.

Pfft, that's not really far away.

Fair enough, I found an absolute steal of a ticket at about £38 for an advance - most of the tickets were hovering around £70 - 100. I have a part time job so I could afford it myself.

Is Lancaster your first choice? What other unis did you apply to?
lol I just notice you live so far away from me. you at Aberdeen and me at London.

haha nearly at opposite ends of the country.

Yeppp, it sucks living so far away from everything. Even Edinburgh is like 3 hours away.
Reply 318
wow yh devon is far.

I don't want have to spend money on trains etc. and be a burden to my parents.

which other uni's have you applied to?

Surrey newcatle loughborough and aston, you? Cant decide which to firm.. So far i have only ruled out aston!
Reply 319
oh how comes you ruled you aston?

I applied nottingham aston swansea and queen belfast.

Mainly because its just lower down in the league tables compared to the others, also pretty much ruled out loughborough because of the 65/35 m:f ratio (cant deal with that after going to an all boys school)... So its Surrey/ Newcastle firm then probably lancaster insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending