The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by murr_x
I've got it. Go on timetabke on the website ilancaster after you've logged in. And change the date to October?

My time table is weird..
Have lectures 1hour a day.
4 hours a week am in 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, I have 3h 30m a week :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 601
Original post by Yellow636
yeah, I have 3h 30m a week :smile:

Oh wow made me feel better! :biggrin:
What course you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by murr_x
Oh wow made me feel better! :biggrin:
What course you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accounting and finance
Original post by murr_x
Had anyone got their timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i have, you should go onto lancaster uni portal to find it :biggrin:
Original post by murr_x
I've got it. Go on timetabke on the website ilancaster after you've logged in. And change the date to October?

My time table is weird..
Have lectures 1hour a day.
4 hours a week am in 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only four hours? I have 8 hours of lectures a week, plus workshops and labs which haven't been timetabled yet :biggrin: Your so lucky
Reply 605
Soo annoyed! The economics lectures aren't even in the management school! I was looking forward to studying there I loved it!
Minors Choices: where can I find which modules of first year courses are taken by minors? My first research task and I failed to find the information I need. Frustrated.
I am doing maths and might be interested in modules of unrelated subjects if there is some math content. For example engineering or economics have maths modules. I'm guessing that there must be a written list of which modules represent minors and which do not.
Original post by amyof
Soo annoyed! The economics lectures aren't even in the management school! I was looking forward to studying there I loved it!

More homework required. Economics is econometrics which is maths. Sounds like you want business studies which is very different. Have a word with your director of studies if the maths frightens you. He will probably tell you that you can switch after first year but check for prerequisites.
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Minors Choices: where can I find which modules of first year courses are taken by minors? My first research task and I failed to find the information I need. Frustrated.
I am doing maths and might be interested in modules of unrelated subjects if there is some math content. For example engineering or economics have maths modules. I'm guessing that there must be a written list of which modules represent minors and which do not.

I got a list sent to me from the chemistry department all about minor modules. :biggrin: Type in lancaster university modules in google and a website comes up with the list of modules, you can then use the filter to get a list of just minor modules. You can choose a series of 5 modules, so i'm going to take the lec170 series.
Original post by amyof

ahah Tell me about it :biggrin: Well, mine are in the management school, when i didn't think they would be, so i've choose accommodation which is so far away from it :frown:
Accounting and finance

I'm doing accounting and finance too and my timetable looks like this? Is that wrong? Thanks. https://gyazo.com/59cfbd89143a707709bce63384998527
Reply 611
[QUOTE=Hopefulbunny;59206695]More homework required. Economics is econometrics which is maths. Sounds like you want business studies which is very different. Have a word with your director of studies if the maths frightens you. He will probably tell you that you can switch after first year but check for prerequisites.

Nope I am dead set on economics and always have been and have no problems with maths at all, what I'm saying is that I thought my lectures would be in the management school as it is a management subject and the department of economics is in the management school but instead in my timetable it says that my lectures are in the biology lecture theatres but I would have preferred them in the management school as it's closer to Lonsdale college and I just really liked it there 😅 Thanks for the advise though!
Reply 612
Original post by Hayley Williams
ahah Tell me about it :biggrin: Well, mine are in the management school, when i didn't think they would be, so i've choose accommodation which is so far away from it :frown:

haha it's so annoying isn't it? Which subject are you studying?
Original post by BestWingmanEver
I'm doing accounting and finance too and my timetable looks like this? Is that wrong? Thanks. https://gyazo.com/59cfbd89143a707709bce63384998527

hmm,

mine is different, I have 2 more sessions:

Mon 5 -6
Tue 9 - 10

Are you doing the EY degree or Accounting and Finance?
hmm,

mine is different, I have 2 more sessions:

Mon 5 -6
Tue 9 - 10

Are you doing the EY degree or Accounting and Finance?

Just Accounting and Finance as far as I'm aware =)

maybe the time table has not updated yet?

I'm doing accounting and finance and i have the same timetable as you
maybe the time table has not updated yet?

Maybe not, I'll give it a couple more hours and see what happens!
Maybe not, I'll give it a couple more hours and see what happens!

I am doing the EY degree, it is possible that you have to elect modules before the time table updates?
Original post by amyof
haha it's so annoying isn't it? Which subject are you studying?

Chemistry :biggrin: I also have a few lecture in fylde lecture theatres as well, i wish they would give us more of an indication before we applied to accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending