Doesn't text me unless I do!! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So, basically I want a way to say Hi to a friend (close friend (guy)) because he never sends a message - It seems I have to ... and when i do he is so interested to continue chatting till 1 in the morning. So what is a better way of saying "Hi, what you up to? missing me or you just cant be bothered to say Hi!!"
Tillybop
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From past experience, you'll probably end up losing contact sooner or later. Like if you're always initiating contact, eventually you will get fed up and stop messaging, and they will probably never message you to find out why. Even if they then maintain a conversation for hours, you have to think you are the one always starting the conversations. I am not saying that will happen, but when one person doesn't put in enough effort, sooner or later it falls apart. I never asked why they never messaged me. I just left it. And never spoke to them again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tillybop)
From past experience, you'll probably end up losing contact sooner or later. Like if you're always initiating contact, eventually you will get fed up and stop messaging, and they will probably never message you to find out why. Even if they then maintain a conversation for hours, you have to think you are the one always starting the conversations. I am not saying that will happen, but when one person doesn't put in enough effort, sooner or later it falls apart. I never asked why they never messaged me. I just left it. And never spoke to them again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh thanx same thing here - I really am not going to
Solemn Rain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First sign of laziness
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's probably just used to you initiating it. One of my close friends is the same. I'm usually the one initiating, but it's pretty obvious from her replies that she wants to talk to me and she always makes an effort to carry on a conversation. So I don't see a problem.

I think a lot of people just don't like texting first, I don't do it an awful lot for various reasons. It's how they reply that shows if they can be bothered with you or not.
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My friend did this, however I just texted others and he eventually texted me, wouldn't recommend it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
katharinakri
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have the same feeling. But that's more about a guy I like, and I am pretty sure that he likes me because he hinted strongly towards it while being drunk. And we have talked for about two years, but now I just feel stupid because I always have to start the conversation. So I just assume that he just don't like me anymore, and that's fine
DLau88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Either he is really into you and doesn't want to look needy or just not that fussed about you. If it was me and you text me first and i liked you i would probably invite you out to do something.Most guys don't do this though, you should probably invite him out and see what his response is.
katharinakri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DLau88)
Either he is really into you and doesn't want to look needy or just not that fussed about you. If it was me and you text me first and i liked you i would probably invite you out to do something.Most guys don't do this though, you should probably invite him out and see what his response is.
Hahaha, was that for her or me?
DLau88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by katharinakri)
Hahaha, was that for her or me?
It was for her but you are basically in the same situation.i'd say like 90% of guys are clueless when it comes to girls. If he is a "nice" guy and likes you i don't think he will ask you out unless he decides to man up haha You will have to do all the work btw
Anonymous #1
It was for her but you are basically in the same situation.i'd say like 90% of guys are clueless when it comes to girls. If he is a "nice" guy and likes you i don't think he will ask you out unless he decides to man up haha You will have to do all the work btw
Thanks but i think he should at least say 'Hi'...
He is a nice guy
katharinakri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hahhaha, well, we'll see when he gets home
whowasfone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
go No Contact™
DLau88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks but i think he should at least say 'Hi'...
He is a nice guy
Probably testing to see if you like him.Sometimes i do that, when a girl texts you first that is a huge sign.

If he continues to text you he probably likes you or is just really lonely and wanting someone to talk to.
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hate texting unless it's to arrange a meet up or something so I pretty much never text first~

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Talk to him about it? maybe he is too shy to text first?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads