Can I connect my laptop to my iPod dock? Watch

nicattack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Alright, so I've been wanting to connect my laptop to my iPod dock, due to having loads more music on my laptop than my actual iPod. I've read online that all I need to do is get a jack cable with two male ends on it, and connect them, but when I do it, it isn't working? Is the problem because I'm plugging one of the ends into the "MP3 Link" slot on my dock? That's the only slot, other than where I plug the power cord into, on it.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nicattack)
Alright, so I've been wanting to connect my laptop to my iPod dock, due to having loads more music on my laptop than my actual iPod. I've read online that all I need to do is get a jack cable with two male ends on it, and connect them, but when I do it, it isn't working? Is the problem because I'm plugging one of the ends into the "MP3 Link" slot on my dock? That's the only slot, other than where I plug the power cord into, on it.
is this a 3.5mm audio jack or some sort of USB thing?
nicattack
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
is this a 3.5mm audio jack or some sort of USB thing?
It's a 3.5mm jack I'm pretty sure
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a 3.5mm jack I'm pretty sure
I can't see why that's not working then. Have you tried it with your phone or an mp3 player?
nicattack
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
I can't see why that's not working then. Have you tried it with your phone or an mp3 player?
I tried, but that didn't work either. It might be the cord, but I don't really want to buy a new one, in case it isn't the cord.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I tried, but that didn't work either. It might be the cord, but I don't really want to buy a new one, in case it isn't the cord.
Are the speakers set to the right mode? It could be that they're still looking for an iPod when you want it to use the cable instead. Sometimes there's a switch or you have to press the power button twice to change this.
nicattack
Rep:
?
(Original post by jameswhughes)
Are the speakers set to the right mode? It could be that they're still looking for an iPod when you want it to use the cable instead. Sometimes there's a switch or you have to press the power button twice to change this.
There isn't a power button or a mode switch. So this is probably why it isn't working I guess?
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There isn't a power button or a mode switch. So this is probably why it isn't working I guess?
Possibly. Have you looked at the manual or are any instructions for the speakers on the manufacturers website?

Also, do you have another cable? They're under a pound on Amazon (including postage) so that's not too bad if you want to try another one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads