So does the AS level you drop count? Watch

кяя
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in my first year of college right now and I'm doing 4 AS levels -- psychology, history, Spanish and math.

I'm pretty certain I'm gonna drop psychology next year, but I have a question. Will the grade I got for my AS psychology count since I'll drop it? Will only the 3 A2 levels count at the end of college?

Do both sets of grades count for all subjects I don't drop (so the 3 I got at AS and the 3 I got at A2)?

For example, say I get A, A, A, and B at AS, but get A*,A*,A* at A2. Will the AS marks count? Or will my A2s go on record?

So say I do pretty **** on my psych, does that mean it doesn't matter since I'll drop it?
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by кяя)
I'm in my first year of college right now and I'm doing 4 AS levels -- psychology, history, Spanish and math.

I'm pretty certain I'm gonna drop psychology next year, but I have a question. Will the grade I got for my AS psychology count since I'll drop it? Will only the 3 A2 levels count at the end of college?

Do both sets of grades count for all subjects I don't drop (so the 3 I got at AS and the 3 I got at A2)?

So say I do pretty **** on my psych, does that mean it doesn't matter since I'll drop it?
Universities will look at all of your grades . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
ruqia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends. Some universities do look at it (very few though and it depends on what couse you are applying for. If it's not psychology related it should not matter ) but it really shouldn't matter otherwise.However sometimes you may find that you do better in the subject that you thought you were going to drop compared to another subject. Keep in mind that If you get a U it won't even count for anything.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It counts in terms of UCAS tariff points, and universities will look at it as part of your whole application. But they put more emphasis on your A2's, naturally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.34%
No - but I will (25)
5.49%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.03%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (219)
48.13%

Watched Threads