AS BIOLOGY Private Candidate! Watch

Asia17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there,

I just wanted to know if any of you guys knew any exam boards that will allow me to do ONLY written papers for AS Biology and NO practical side of it. This is because my Private tuition does not do any practical side of the AS Biology so he had advised me to find an exam board that will allow me to do just the written exam paper....And also is AS Biology hard I mean it does look hard and on top of that my college will not allow me to AS Biology as I don't have an B in my additional science but I do have a B in core...and so I am willing to pay to do AS Biology as I really would like to do it, however I am just scared of failing it.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I believe you are unable to do an exam-only version of sciences, as for the AS to get accredicted there must be 20% practical element.

If you go to a college, why don't you ask them if you can do the practicals with them? They may not allow you to study Biology with them, but if you're a private candidate for the subject they might say yes.
Asia17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ok I will try my best to do so, THANK YOU SO much!!!
Ovid14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can do the practicals at private exam centres. Just google A Level exam centers. Not all do the science practicals but a few do.
I'm a private candidate doing biology and chemistry I need to do practicals in both AS and A2.
The difficult part concerning the practicals will be getting enough practice time not just doing the actual practical assessment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads