Will my bad GSCE results affect the University I have applied for?

Watch
MrMighty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Im currently applying for a few universities however my current results aren't reaching the requirements to get in. Im in my last of year of college (studying Software Development Level 3) and wondering if my grades on this course will create a positive affect on my personal statement.

If you want to be brutally honest im fine with it.
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MrMighty)
Im currently applying for a few universities however my current results aren't reaching the requirements to get in. Im in my last of year of college (studying Software Development Level 3) and wondering if my grades on this course will create a positive affect on my personal statement.

If you want to be brutally honest im fine with it.
How bad is 'bad'? And you should probably ask the universities themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrMighty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Edminzodo)
How bad is 'bad'? And you should probably ask the universities themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok my current grades are 1 B, 2 C's, 3 D's I also have an A* in a I.T Level 2 diploma but I dont think that is even considered by the university.
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ok my current grades are 1 B, 2 C's, 3 D's I also have an A* in a I.T Level 2 diploma but I dont think that is even considered by the university.
What are your grades for English Language and Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yemiisii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you got below a C in English and Maths.... it wont look good for you
MrMighty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yemiisii)
If you got below a C in English and Maths.... it wont look good for you
I do have a C in maths but im currently resisting my english because of the D grade.
Yemiisii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do have a C in maths but im currently resisting my english because of the D grade.
Hopefully when you resit the exam again you will get a C or higher! I dont think unis will look down at you for resitting. i know acouple friends that did maths/ English gcse while in Alevel and go to great unis.
MrMighty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yemiisii)
Hopefully when you resit the exam again you will get a C or higher! I dont think unis will look down at you for resitting. i know acouple friends that did maths/ English gcse while in Alevel and go to great unis.
Thats reassuring!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (782)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (366)
19.71%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise