Tired of everything Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay now how should I begin. I am 23 years old, currently in the 2nd year of my 2nd degree. So to make a long story short, the course that I am studying at the moment has been something that I have wanted to do for a while. I have really enjoyed my 1st year of this course compared to the course I completed before.

So what's the problem? To put it simply, I'm just sick of it. Sick of studying, sick of university life, homesick, and just feel like I am just stuck in this moment of my life. I just feel detached from everything I am doing. Even though I am finally doing what I wanted to do for a while, my motivation has dropped to an all time low.

It's been a difficult start to this year. I have been working all summer just to be able to afford my tuition fees. I have been working part time while studying just to be able to afford tuition and living costs.

Being far from home has never really been a problem, but seeing all my friends moving on with their life, not being able to spend time with my family, and just being in this same city for almost 5 years has just gotten to me. I don't really feel like a student, and I don't really connect to people on my course the way I did before.

To sum up what I'm feeling, I just don't want to be here anymore. I just want to move on with my life. But what can I do? I have already committed myself financially to this course, and I don't really see my self doing anything else.

I just need to figure out a way to get through this next year and a half, or just find a way to stop being so overwhelmed. I don't whether it's depression or just me overreacting.

Sorry about the long post. I would really appreciate any advice at all. Thank you
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay now how should I begin. I am 23 years old, currently in the 2nd year of my 2nd degree. So to make a long story short, the course that I am studying at the moment has been something that I have wanted to do for a while. I have really enjoyed my 1st year of this course compared to the course I completed before.

So what's the problem? To put it simply, I'm just sick of it. Sick of studying, sick of university life, homesick, and just feel like I am just stuck in this moment of my life. I just feel detached from everything I am doing. Even though I am finally doing what I wanted to do for a while, my motivation has dropped to an all time low.

It's been a difficult start to this year. I have been working all summer just to be able to afford my tuition fees. I have been working part time while studying just to be able to afford tuition and living costs.

Being far from home has never really been a problem, but seeing all my friends moving on with their life, not being able to spend time with my family, and just being in this same city for almost 5 years has just gotten to me. I don't really feel like a student, and I don't really connect to people on my course the way I did before.

To sum up what I'm feeling, I just don't want to be here anymore. I just want to move on with my life. But what can I do? I have already committed myself financially to this course, and I don't really see my self doing anything else.

I just need to figure out a way to get through this next year and a half, or just find a way to stop being so overwhelmed. I don't whether it's depression or just me overreacting.

Sorry about the long post. I would really appreciate any advice at all. Thank you
I'm no expert in this area but from what I can see is that you're growing bored of your current life at uni. It natural to feel sad when your friends are out there doing what they want and progressing with their lives. We all move at different paces in our lives so please don't feel left behind and lonely.
Dngr00l
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with Black Cat.

It's natural what you are feeling. And, you are so close to completing your degree! Something that you actually enjoy. Even if you aren't enjoying it right now, you may start to rediscover why you liked it in the first place.

Everyone moves on, life is about change. What YOU have going on is great, and if you keep forcing yourself to classes and meeting people, your feelings right now will fade. Maybe not tomorrow or next week, but eventually. And in the end, you'll be grateful that you didn't give in. Because it's obvious you aren't the type of person that gives up without a fight.
:fluffy:

Try exploring yourself.
What else are you interested in?

Perhaps you can try free lectures at the local museum.
Or book ticket(s) to see a band or spend the weekend at a festival.
Maybe volunteer somewhere, meet new people.

Extend yourself out there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
37.93%
No - but I will (53)
7.23%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (349)
47.61%

Watched Threads